News   Mar 28, 2024
 420     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 757     0 

Looking for 1 bedroom or studio for August 1st

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm looking to lease a 1 bedroom or studio somewhere in central Toronto (Don to Humber, south of Dupont/Bloor) and need it by mid-August at the latest.

I have a full-time job at a company that I have been working for for 13 years.

I have professional and previous landlord references to provide.

I take pride in where I live and treat my home with respect. Always.

I'm trying to keep my housing costs affordable at a third of income so would only be interested in monthly rents of up to $1700.

I'm looking to lease a 1 bedroom or studio somewhere in central Toronto (Don to Humber, south of Dupont/Bloor) and need it by mid-August at the latest..
Have you tried the Manulife Centre? Some of their studios would be roughly within your price range. It is a very well-managed building (better managed than the 4 condo buildings I lived in), and it is of course very convenient. The rent includes utilities and cable.

You can also try the Crossways. I've talked to people who live in there, there's a mild cockroach problem, much of the area and Toronto has one, but no bedbug problem that I'm aware of, which is something you can find at even expensive digs. The Crossways is incredibly well soundproofed due to construction techniques when built. Rental price includes all electricity, heating, A/C and services save for internet.

It ain't the Taj Mahal, but it's excellent value all things considered. Bit of a concrete jungle, but lots of light in units for houseplants.

PM me if you need more info.

Last edited:
Have you tried the Manulife Centre? Some of their studios would be roughly within your price range. It is a very well-managed building (better managed than the 4 condo buildings I lived in), and it is of course very convenient. The rent includes utilities and cable.

Man, that place looks decent and the cheapest studios are indeed with budget, but tiny. More like a pied à terre...I lived in a place that small for over two years a while ago and it got too claustrophobic, and that was with a massive terrace. I mit check it out though. Cheers for the advice!

You can also try the Crossways. I've talked to people who live in there, there's a mild cockroach problem, much of the area and Toronto has one, but no bedbug problem that I'm aware of, which is something you can find at even expensive digs. The Crossways is incredibly well soundproofed due to construction techniques when built. Rental price includes all electricity, heating, A/C and services save for internet.

It ain't the Taj Mahal, but it's excellent value all things considered. Bit of a concrete jungle, but lots of light in units for houseplants.

PM me if you need more info.

The location would be great, but I am not dealing with cockroaches again. I had them in my last place in Davisville and, to be honest, felt like burning the place down....which still probably wouldn't rid the place of them.

Do you know how much rents are there?

Best to ask, as my friend's been there for two and half years now and it's rent-controlled. It's well under a Grand for a bachelor.

Under a G! Damn, that's almost free. I might be interested. My realtor has found me a nice 1 bed condo in Summerhill so I'm going to try for that right now.

Appreciate the tip. Cheers, mate. :)

Sorry for posting here since I can not open a new thread!

I'm looking for a roommate (NORTH YORK) for 1st December ->

I’m 22y male young professional IT staff of Apknite, looking for a roommate in North York area ideally between Yonge & Finch and Yonge & Sheppard close to metro stations. I’m looking for 2bdr 2bathr mainly condos for a MAX total price 2.2k so 1.1k each or less ofc is we find cheaper. I like tech, sports (football, baseball, Motorsport, basketball) 420 friendly (but pls not everyday) also don’t mind if u are gay as long u are ok to me.

Back