News   Apr 26, 2024
 250     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 735     0 

LOGO DESIGN CONTEST

B

billy corgan19982

LOGO DESIGN CONTEST

Please post your entries here. More then one entry is allowed and the deadline is March 31st. A vote will be held the first week of April and a winner will be announced on Sunday April 7th. The creator of the winning design wins a pair of Jays tickets.

BC:

You should give this logo stuff some parameters so you get what you need, namely something that will work for all the potential uses:

1. Uses - is it primary for the web site or will it one day land on letterhead and business cards (when Alchemist and GB run for office)... and "Build Are Be Centre" coffee cups and T-shirts.

2. File type(s)

3. Public domain or can be used by any of us.

If it's just for "fun" than anything goes, but if you want something with "legs" there are some tried and true ways to create something with maximum flexibility such as "wordmarks" which fuse logo/name, and can fit almost anywhere in one, two or four colour.

Good point 3D.

Since I'm relatively new to web design maybe you could come up with some guidelines that are appropriate. I would like a logo for the website but I would also like a smaller more condensed version for shirts, cards etc.

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> I've received an e-mail from SD offering help for the website. If anybody else is skilled in website design please contact me at torontoforum@yahoo.com<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

Ryan

Just as a sidenote, we have to take in consideration that if the winning logo does go to t-shirts, letterheads etc. Shouldn't the main guideline be that it should be done in vector art or converted to, since that is the main medium for crisp print work?

The best thing to do is make sure it's either a large high resolution file that can be downsampled for the web, but suitable for print, or a vector image.

Here are a few samples...by no mean final. The one on the right is meant to look a little more futuristic, as opposed to just the Toronto skyline (although a bad version of the CN Tower is included so people can identify...have to work on that though)

UrbanTorontoLogos.jpg

Very nice work SD. I especially like the futuristic version.

I like the one on the right the best. I would like to see it on a white background as well, right now it seems that the color scheme would only suit a black background.

The one on the right is too much, I think. In design school, I learned that you should be able to recognize a logo in 3 seconds. If not, you must simplify, then simply again.

Great effort SD!

dencity:

You said you both liked and disliked the one on the right...so Im assuming you disliked the one on the right, correct? Since it's the more complex one....

I know what you mean. But at the same time I've noticed people will recognize what you make them recognize (i.e. if it's marketed properly, people will just associate it).

But simpler is usually better.

Oops, my bad

I meant I like the one on the left the best.
And yes, your right, sometimes you gotta tell people what is good design. But on the whole, you have to make logos "foolproof" where even the biggest moron can figure it out.

Keep up the good work!

I like the one on the left (Less is More).
-The black background is not compatable with our current white background
-What are the dark spots on the CN Tower?

That would be a bad quality rendering.

I know what you mean dencity...it's surprising how many morons are out there.

Re: sd

SD:

Great work.. love them both.

The one on the right is spectacular... very Krypton crystals.. but I don't think it will age well (and won't be taken as seriously).

The one on the left, though more restrained, is the one to work on... very classy, very professional and it passes the most important logo test there is: it looks like it already exists.

(maybe a bit of 3d/embossing to give some depth/punch).

My only complaint is the 'em<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> phas<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->is on the wrong syll<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> a<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->ble'... sometimes it's best to be on the nose... bold the town not the urban (i know, i know... from a design perspective it's not as nice but good design often involves a little compromise... reach your marketing objectives etc.).

great stuff...

Re: sd

Very nice....very elegant. Nice work SD! I like the one on the left too. I'd buy a shirt if that was on it!

We've got some talented people on this forum.

Back