News   Apr 19, 2024
 485     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.6K     3 

Listing a Home in Jan/Feb?

As I mentioned previous ideally I would like to transition from my current town-house to a top floor condo (mid-rise or podium OK) in proximity to Cityplace. I have been checking the MLS and it doesn't look like any units fitting such a description are available even when searching to maximum of $2 million -just for curiosity's sake:rolleyes:

It appears I may likely have to go pre-con if I want dibs on a top floor unit. Can someone suggest some new developments going forward (1-2 years closing) in the downtown area? My budget is up to 450K. I know top floor units like Studio Condos on Richmond have upper floors going for $700 a sq-ft. which is way too rich for my blood. Any advanced pricing on Back Stage Condos on the Esplanade?

PIX,

Your realtor should be able to help you out in terms of finding out what assignments are available in C01 that meet your requirement. The public "mls" portal has its limitations. From my search there are some "highfloor" options available assignments in C01 that fall within your budget of $450K.

PIX,

Your realtor should be able to help you out in terms of finding out what assignments are available in C01 that meet your requirement. The public "mls" portal has its limitations. From my search there are some "highfloor" options available assignments in C01 that fall within your budget of $450K.

Thanks Willy. My RE agent mentioned that the public portal has limitations. I tried "highfloor" 2 years ago and it didn't work for me:( I will only entertain "topfloor" options. Will keep my fingers crossed and hopefully something will come up within a month or two:confused:

Thanks Willy. My RE agent mentioned that the public portal has limitations. I tried "highfloor" 2 years ago and it didn't work for me:( I will only entertain "topfloor" options. Will keep my fingers crossed and hopefully something will come up within a month or two:confused:

PIX,

Can you clarify "highfloor" for me? Are we talking Penthouse or are you talking 15, 20, 28th floor, etc,??? Anything above 20th floor??

Has your agent set you up on a "Prospect" list to alert you when these assignments come up that meet your requirement?

PIX,

Can you clarify "highfloor" for me? Are we talking Penthouse or are you talking 15, 20, 28th floor, etc,??? Anything above 20th floor??

Has your agent set you up on a "Prospect" list to alert you when these assignments come up that meet your requirement?

Willy as indicated I will not consider any units that are not on the top floor of a tower, mid-rise or podium. I owned a 2 BR/den/study at the Neo building that was one below top but tenants above were too noisy.

I get an automated prospect list based on my parameters but unfortunately none have been top floors.

It's difficult to find I guess. There are so many agents holding different units from their clients. My agent seems to have access to 50 units at Parade but from her list, only 2 fits your criteria. The issue is the price though. It's over your range. I haven't seen her price list but I'm guessing it won't be cheap. The unit on the podium is large. Over 1000 sq. on 10th floor. The other is smaller unit but on 43rd floor. It won't be cheap either because it's a penthouse unit.

Willy as indicated I will not consider any units that are not on the top floor of a tower, mid-rise or podium. I owned a 2 BR/den/study at the Neo building that was one below top but tenants above were too noisy.

I get an automated prospect list based on my parameters but unfortunately none have been top floors.

PIX,

Did you see the 2+2 high floor fully furnished Luna condo on your prospect list today??? Well within your budget!

PIX is looking for top floor, not high floor. He's worried about noisy/annoying tenants living above him.

PIX is looking for top floor, not high floor. He's worried about noisy/annoying tenants living above him.

Of course, a noisy elevator motor or HVAC unit can be louder than a noisy tenant. Tenants typically go outside at some point.

Of course, a noisy elevator motor or HVAC unit can be louder than a noisy tenant. Tenants typically go outside at some point.

You wouldn't think so if you lived under the neighbors I had. 24/7 noise. The annoying dog during the day and 4 high-heeled tenants partying into the wee hours. I could hear them dancing even when the fire alarm was on.

So you think the majority of NEWER buildings' top floor units are beset by noisy elevator and HVAC units?

Unless you're living in a tower penthouse, there won't be HVAC above you I think? low rise or podium buildings tend to be horizontally placed length or width wise, so you might not have HVAC over your unit. Especially if you're not near the elevator. You won't have elevator noise issues either. Also, another problem might be living near garbage chutes because some people throw garbage at all times of day. It's not a continuous irritant though.

A friend just sold a $1 million+ house in Cabbagetown, in a week. And it took this "long" only because they weren't taking any offers until a specified date.

Lots of people came to look at it. With the relatively reduced inventory pre-spring, there's definitely no shortage of interested buyers for an appropriately priced million dollar home. For sub $1 million properties, I'd guess they'd be even easier to sell, if appropriately priced and in reasonable areas.

A friend just sold a $1 million+ house in Cabbagetown, in a week. And it took this "long" only because they weren't taking any offers until a specified date.

Lots of people came to look at it. With the relatively reduced inventory pre-spring, there's definitely no shortage of interested buyers for an appropriately priced million dollar home. For sub $1 million properties, I'd guess they'd be even easier to sell, if appropriately priced and in reasonable areas.

Exactly!!

Back