News   Apr 18, 2024
 370     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

Lily Cheng Willowdale 2022: Proposed Line 4 Sheppard West expansion, Yonge street and 401 interchange redesign, and Yonge-Cummer station revival

Will she able to deliver on these promises?

• Total voters

Railrunner

Member Bio
Reaction score
Will Lily Cheng deliver Willowdale positive change?
9bd6c09c-b0c0-4145-8e81-193e55cfe119.jpg

Reviving Yonge & Cummer station will only happen with a significant ToD component that will put her at odds with the NIMBY block in her ward

Otherwise the province will simply not be interested. She could MAYBE convince council to pay for it but I really doubt that happens, 300MM-400MM is no chump change...

Yonge St currently is 3 lanes from the 401 to Steeles. The sidewalk in some places is not enough for people to walk. Widening the sidewalk and making space for bikes is a good thing.

Traffic can be re-routed to other roads, drivers need to be discouraged to drive on yonge St and take transit.

Surprisingly progressive for that neighbourhood. We can only dream of such ideas coming from a councilor here in Etobicoke...
There are a lot of people opposed to it, especially small businesses along Yonge St that rely on street parking. Hopefully it will entice customers to walk to their destination, especially as those small shops become condo's.

I have 4 years of prep time!

Right, and you've also had half a week to go shopping for new PC products and tell us all about them. How's that going? LOL

Just a gentle prod to make sure procrastination doesn't set in! :D

Right, and you've also had half a week to go shopping for new PC products and tell us all about them. How's that going? LOL

Just a gentle prod to make sure procrastination doesn't set in! :D
Like my Ontario flag proposal...

I was about to go to that store a couple of days ago but it was a bit too late in the evening. I'll get to it ;)

Back