Toronto Library District Condominiums + Toronto's 99th Library | ?m | 29s | Context Development | KPMB

There's a recent video (last week or so) on youtube of the view from one of the 175+ units for sale at Parade 2 showing Library District and area.

Jasonzed: How much is that unit renting for at Garrison and what's the view like from inside with the balcony piers? (Perhaps you could update the Onni thread with the pix?) thx

This 10th floor 908 SQF 2B+S (with a wrap around balcony) is going for $489,400 with 1 parking space. I'm not familar with the renting situation. This unit has an excellent view of Fort York, north on Spadina, City Place and the lake...
DSCN0307_zps83cba419.jpg

Last edited:
This 10th floor 908 SQF 2B+S (with a wrap around balcony) is going for $489,400 with 1 parking space. .

Wow, that's awful value for money.

Nearly $500K for a 10th floor apartment with (let's admit it) no view? Especially once the towers to the East of it go up.

I bought my two-storey 40th floor 950 sq/ft CityPlace condo with parking space and locker in 2009 for $380K with this view:

IMG_2743.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you compare 2009 prices to 2013? :S Everything was cheap in 2009.

I've seen a few units at the Garrison at the Yards, really horrible layouts but if I was to buy I would buy the 2 bedroom wrap-around balcony one. 10th floor also has the huge terrace still under construction.

Okay, that made me laugh. Yes, it's not 2009 unfortunately :p The question should be, how much do you plan on selling your 2 storey, 40th floor CP condo for in 2013? What you paid for it? I wouldn't think so. And yes, you have a really nice view currently. Will the signature buildings affect your east view and block out the CN tower?

p.s. And if people think that prices are going to fall so much (GT fans):confused:, then you are going to wait a long time.

Hard to imagine that what 200 years ago was nothing more than a remote military outpost is now a sprawling metropolis with 6 million people and 30 floor buildings surrounding the old fort.

Yes, haha!

It was so great to see so many people here today. The marching bands were amazing. And it was very cool actually to be surrounded by all the new developments over looking the historic fort. Considering that not so long ago the area was either vacant railways lands and Molson's...and Bathurst felt pretty far from the core...but it doesn't now. I'm excited to see all the project completions here as City Place and the Fort York area get stitched into the City.

It's also exciting from a historical perspective because just to the east of the Bathurst bridge is where the Simcoes first set up camp back in the 1700s, so it's nice to see this area developing and becoming part of the city fabric again. And it's cool how the Fort sits in the middle of all that.

It seems beyond comprehension how busy this area will be once CityPlace and the Fort York area is completely built out and occupied. Then there are the two projects on either side of Bathurst just north of the bridge. Incredible.

Everyone stretching from Southcore to Liberty Village is going to be screwed thanks to the absence of the DRL.

It seems beyond comprehension how busy this area will be once CityPlace and the Fort York area is completely built out and occupied. Then there are the two projects on either side of Bathurst just north of the bridge. Incredible.

Everyone stretching from Southcore to Liberty Village is going to be screwed thanks to the absence of the DRL.

Just think of all the new voters that will soon be living in areas such as this that would be serviced by a DRL.

Considering that, not so long ago, this whole area was mostly industrial...having a change over to mostly residential (and new voters, as you say Ramako) is only going to help the case for better transit going forward. Unfortunately, large infrastructure projects take time and get delayed...so we have to be patient. Yet again lol.

Back