News   Apr 18, 2024
 345     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 739     1 

Libeskind's Belgrade Tower Proposal

Filip

Member Bio
Reaction score
Liebskind's centrepiece tower for the revitalization of the Belgrade portlands.

1504831266250594.jpg

1504831266584619.jpg

Even '3rd world' Europe gets more daring designs. Sometimes our quiet and reserved mentality gets to me. :(

I quite like it - the tower is meant to be a monumental lighthouse, as its location is near the confluence of the Danube and Sava rivers.

The tower would rise behind this typical postcard shot of the city; all in all a fitting new landmark for the city
Str%209%20-%20beograd%20nocu.jpg

UD-tone it down with the bombing crap; my grandmother nearly died when 'precision bombing' sent a Tomahawk nearly through her balcony.

The project is part of an overall giant redevelopment of the derelict portlands by the Danube - aside from millions of sqf in apartments and offices (which Belgrade desperately lacks and can't seem to build fast enough) it will include a convention centre (to compliment the massive Sava Centre) a new Opera House and a slew of museums. My personal favourite is that the Opera House cantilevers over the Danube a la Copenhagen.

090302-LUBG-12.jpg

oblakoder-libeskind.jpg

Last edited:
I think that belgrade really does not need it. Having one tower- avala - is good enough. This new proposal looks just so out of place if it were to be there.

The most pressing issues by are to complete that dumb bypass highway - it's taking like over 20 years so far. And a Metro.

Such structures, in my opinion, are more about showing off. It's something that oh say Sarajevo would do... not much point in it, but supposedly it looks nice. Well, a few streets in Belgrade have looked quite nice, while the rest of the city has been rotting slowly.

Back