News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 623     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 905     0 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
OK, OK. In the spirit of community...well...spirit(!)..I shall drop any further diatribes against my future neighbour's already built or in-construction buildings and shall refrain from referring to BP as a Cabrini Green artifact. I'm not sure how one can enjoy Zip/Vibe though when sandwiched between is BP...I do however enjoy the Oreo cookie cookie more than the icing in the middle, so perhaps it is possible after all ;)

I certainly hope that LVTO/Bliss is NOT the best project in LV (and quite frankly, The Toy Factory Lofts and probably Liberty Market Lofts already have that title coming to them), but I do hope the design of ALL the future condos to be built in the area will be subject to the Toronto Design Panel's recommendations, although I realize that's wishful thinking. I just think the whole design of the area should have been more thoroughly integrated and discussed between the Developers.

I'm not looking for a singular theme, but we seem to have a real mishmash of architectural styles happening. Some are going completely against the grain of the area - like LVTO/Bliss/Liberty on the Park with their pseudo modern facades and high contrast colour schemes (LVTO - Black/Blue, LOTP - All white), vs. King West Life/BP/Zip/Vibe trying to recreate the industrial feel of the area with a combination of pseudo-brick, warehouse inspired-ish design. Who knows though, maybe this mish-mash will end up benefitting the area - a little something for everyone.

At the very least, I'm sure we can all agree that Liberty Village is shaping up to be a great place to live with one of the best locations in the city, some of the best stores and coolest new restaurants (the new restaurant from the owners of Mildred Pierce is set to open soon!). I'll even buy a pint at the Brazen Head for all I've offended - if/when my theoretical windfall happens. And I realize that's a big if, especially considering 2010/11 is when the condo market might tank. Ah well, at least I still have my DNA loft.

What ever Liberty Market Lofts gains in exterior looks it loses by having the worst floorplans known to exist. Completly straight kitchen in the living room or kitchen in the office? They were poorly designed.

While I'd agree that some of the floorplans do suck - the specific problem you mention is something I really like. I currently have a galley kitchen and love it. They'll look especially good if you go for the upgrade and get the doors that essentially hide the entire kitchen from view. Very very sexy...and functional actually. Most of the floorplans at Toy Factory also leave much to be desired.

But you're right in that I was only talking about the exterior.

What ever Liberty Market Lofts gains in exterior looks it loses by having the worst floorplans known to exist. Completly straight kitchen in the living room or kitchen in the office? They were poorly designed.

That is only the case for a couple of the floor plans. The LML 485 Live and Work and the LML 805 Work. The rest of the floor plans have the straight kitchen with the dining area.

Have you actually been in the model suite to see how the kitchen looks.

I was awhile ago and as I recall the model suite had custom cabinetry that hid all of the kitchen when closed.

Besides the "straight kitchen" all of the floor plans look standard/comparable to most of the other developments/units in Liberty Village IMO.

...I recall the model suite had custom cabinetry that hid all of the kitchen when closed...

The question is will the builder give you that particular finish/grade of cabinetry as standard feature in the actual unit (not being the model suite), or is it yet another upgrade

it could really make a difference I would think

The question is will the builder give you that particular finish/grade of cabinetry as standard feature in the actual unit (not being the model suite), or is it yet another upgrade

it could really make a difference I would think

I think I remember one of the sales staff saying they were standard as that was one of the selling features.

I could be wrong though.

I'll even buy a pint at the Brazen Head for all I've offended - if/when my theoretical windfall happens

It's not really about the money, imagine if you really were moving in fall 2008. It's missing out on the experience of living in LV that makes me feel bad for these buyers.

In the Toronto Star condo section I was reading a story about a guy who met his wife in LV. You are missing out on drinks at the Brazen head durring TFC games. biking in the neighborhood etc. Don't focus on the money it really means nothing.

Money is the only thing that you can get back in life.... you are missing out on meeting your neighbors for BBQ's, having parties at your place, and living 4 minutes to the LCBO (I've timed it!)

I'll even buy a pint at the Brazen Head for all I've offended - if/when my theoretical windfall happens

It's not really about the money, imagine if you really were moving in fall 2008. It's missing out on the experience of living in LV that makes me feel bad for these buyers.

In the Toronto Star condo section I was reading a story about a guy who met his wife in LV. You are missing out on drinks at the Brazen head durring TFC games. biking in the neighborhood etc. Don't focus on the money it really means nothing.

Money is the only thing that you can get back in life.... you are missing out on meeting your neighbors for BBQ's, having parties at your place, and living 4 minutes to the LCBO (I've timed it!)

Was that the couple that actually had the ceremony in the middle section of the townhomes? I read the article but I cannot remember which couple it was.

I have lived in the townhomes since the beginning and couldnt wait for the LCBO to arrive. I love the fact that if need be, I can leave my place at the start of the intermission of a hockey game and be back in time for the start of the next period.

I read their ceremony was in the courtyard and many guest were neighbors. It is a really sweet story, about how they were neighbors and got married all in LVTO

Again it's not about the money, you are missing out on an experience and it doesn't even seem like the people who bought here are as upset as they should be!

Condo living is so fun, and you are missing out right now, your move in day should have been fall 08 ..... ie right now!

Just out of curiosity; if they extend the economic viability again, who would back out this time?

I already live in the DNA condos, so I'm missing out on nothing and was a regular contributor to the owner of the Brazen Head's pocketbook, but have since changed affiliations. I do feel badly for other buyers who aren't in a similar position however. And as stated before, many of them are as angry as they can be, they're just in a helpless situation.

I agree that it shouldn't be completely about the money, but then again, as I already live in the hood and have the lifestyle, for me, it is.

As to the EC, if they ask again (which I don't think will happen), I'll extend again. There is nothing to lose. At this point all other condo projects, in order to be comparable to what I bought, would need to drop their prices by 30-40% and I can't see that happening any time soon.

I recently had a falling out with the Brazen Head as well, I was paying for my EXPENSIVE pitcher of beer, when I realized I was getting the Brazen shaft!

the service is meh, and the beer is crazy expensive! I don't even find the food that great. EVERYONE loves a cheep beer night, that's what they need!

It's kind of overrated, but ok once in a while.

a lot of people I know have been "changing affiliations" in the local bar scene, they too have realized they were not only getting the brazen head, but the shaft as well when the bill came!

That's the exact same reason I stopped going b bear!! When I can get a pitcher at any number of cool bars for $11-13 incl. tax or a pint for $5 incl. tax, I have a hard time swallowing $18-$20 and $7.50 respectively. Plus their food is OK, but also overpriced. I guess that's what happens with chains (even though they call each pub a different name it's a very corporate mentality that seems to rule the roost). They do have the dollar off Keiths night, but I'm not a big fan of Keith's and it's still too much.

You're right though in that it's still ok once in awhile - especially with a big group of people because it's so convenient. Did St. Patty's day there and had a great time - although again, the bill for about 12 of us came to a little over $2300 not including tip (granted, we were there from noon-2am and shots definitely creep the bill up)! Still, we could've easily saved $400-500 by going to another pub and will definitely do that this year.

I am not a big fan of the Brazen Head either, especially during the summer when I can sit on my own patio while drinking much cheaper beer.

I do like alot of items on their menu though. I find it is a step up in quality (price too) compared to the Foggy Dew.

If I am going to go to any place in the area though, I rather go to the Old York. The food is awesome and the prices are decent.

Well it looks like they've drained the lake, so that could be a good sign

2911464434_0311a261de_o.jpg

Back