467     3 

Leaf Blowers: Friend or Foe?

Should city council ban leaf blowers?

• No

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters
They're obnoxious and only for the extremely lazy incapable of using a broom or rake. Perhaps an exception can be made for persons with disabilities, but otherwise yes.... ban them.

The only time i use it is in the fall. I got lots of tall trees on my property my Black & Decker electric leaf blower does the trick. takes me 40 mins to do the leaves. i got better things to do then spend all day raking leaves. Should also we ban snow blowers?. weed-eaters? lawnmowers? and any other small machine that makes noise? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
They're pretty pointless if you specifically buy a leaf blower, but you can buy shop-vacs that have detachable blowers, which is pretty damn handy!

People using leaf blowers are a substitute for a rake, or a hose as a substitute to a broom drive me nuts. A powered or push device which actually makes contact with the leaves or dirt is far more efficient. It would be better to use a bag mower to pick up the leaves. More electric devices rather than two stroke engines with exhaust issues would be better as well.

Gas leaf blowers should be banned. At the very least, you should switch to electric.

Back