Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

They've started construction work on the Front Street driveway/entrance area/landscaping, and the temporary addition on the Scott Street side is undergoing demolition.

Backstage, L Tower & 25 The Esplanade, Feb 27-2015.jpg

Also check out http://ltowerconstructioninfo.com/

Attachments

• Backstage, L Tower & 25 The Esplanade, Feb 27-2015.jpg
    Backstage, L Tower & 25 The Esplanade, Feb 27-2015.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,268
So is that crane going to be a permanent fixture of the L Tower? I don't recall seeing it in the renders ;)
It is starting to look like part of the building but they say it will be removed "The crane continues to be needed to lift remaining glazing and top-of-building material. It is scheduled to come down in the first quarter of 2015. We’ll post updates here as they become available."

There are only three weeks and a bit left in the "first quarter of 2015!"

I believe they have already posted the crane is due to come down in the second quarter on their construction website (April), so I think the anticipation of the first quarter is already passed. I think they have most cladding already up there. I believe the building maintence unit support stuff is also installed but the unit itself is not there. Maybe this is the thing holding them up and preventing them from taking down the crane. I can't find any information on why the delay? It can't be weather ... because if you look at pictures from almost a year ago, the top (cladding) looks almost the same.

The crane is never coming down. The engineer made a huge error when constructing the floor support columns and now the building relies on the pulling weight of the crane to stay stable. If they remove the crane the building will fall over!

The crane now will become the tower's spire and the tower will be reclassified at a height of 270m.

Back