Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

yet another fantastic shot ^ and what an impact L tower is having on the skyline. it's really filling in quite a large gap.

i don't love or hate the cladding, but whatever they seem to be doing, the white strips going up and down the tower are sure to make this one stand out from a distance. i guess the building itself is more public art than it is condo, :cool:

I just came across a REUTERS picture from London that you might find interesting. I am not referring to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee flotilla, or the steam train crossing the Thames river.

8120282445_d34141576d_o.jpg

It's the building in the background that looks somewhat familiar. Googling for it I found that it is called Ascensis Tower and that it is located on the southside of Wandsworth Bridge in London. Emporis tells me that it is 57 meters high, has 17 floors and that it was constructed between 2007 and 2009.

Last edited:
I went by this evening; have not seen it for a long time. It's impressive. From this angle (Yonge Street median) the bow of the curve negates the expected perspectival convergence of the west facade's edges.

ltower.jpg

Last edited:
There are very attractive buildings on the other corners. Is the L project taking on refurbishment of the Sony Centre's public space on the SE corner?

i expect these last 2 or so floors to take a bit longer, considering they're penthouses with higher ceilings i presume,

Prediction: building top off sometime in late December.

Back