Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

from what I read, I thought it said they were starting foundation work, partial demolition of a section of the Sony Centre, below-grade work, and retrofit of the SC interior, as of this July, 2008...it then went on to say that they would be working on the podium by July of 2009 - presumably after a year's working on the other stuff.

The theater itself is supposed to close as of this July, 2008..

Exactly - what you have described is site preparation and excavation. When they begin pouring the concrete is when construction begins.

Curvy glass and interesting layouts

I was wondering how the LTower was going to design those upper floor units with that swoopy curvy glass up there.

Periodic peeks at their website add. results in NOTHING. (I guess the attitude is .."Hey. We virtually sold out instantly to the investors, speculators, and one or two future owner/residents who somehow managed to sneak in to the sales office with a real estate friend.)..so why bother with the expense of setting up a proper website.

I did come across this link(concentrating on the international investors I guess) that shows the penthouse layouts. Very interesting. Very different.

http://luxurytorontocondominiums.com/images/11659/custom/L%20Tower%20Penthouse%20Floor%20Plans.pdf

I can only imagine what it will feel like during a good thunderstorm!
Dramatic? Exciting? Scarey? Like being under a waterfall? .....Leaky?

Just a had another one those incredible ideas that flash like Super Novas in my brain.

For the Builders of the L Tower... Heres a freebie

Are you ready?.. Picture this as an optional extra for your Penthouse buyers.

Giant windshield wipers.

I mean think about it. Every time it rains (or snows) a resident way up there is going see squat out those slanted windshield like angled floor to ceiling windows. Flip a switch and and on come the wipers.
Oooh! Oooh! How about adding a giant windshield washer container to each unit?!
Sometimes these ideas just keep cascading in my mind...It just gives me the shivers sometimes.

Self Cleaning Glass?

Self Cleaning Glass?
You have got to be killing me! Oops sorry. I don't know where that came from.
I checked with the Windex people. They say thats just one of those nasty and not funny at all urban legends/rumours.

Just a had another one those incredible ideas that flash like Super Novas in my brain.

For the Builders of the L Tower... Heres a freebie

Are you ready?.. Picture this as an optional extra for your Penthouse buyers.

Giant windshield wipers.

I heard that each penthouse unit comes with a complimentary squeegee kid.

Is female and topless an option?

I would do it if they asked nicely, but I don't think it would do much for their property values.

You can be. But that requires giving up making pointless comments on urban Toronto and actually going out into the world and working hard.

Or you could just stick to buying lottery tickets.

Ahh! The secrets to success!!

You can be. But that requires giving up making pointless comments on urban Toronto and actually going out into the world and working hard.

Or you could just stick to buying lottery tickets.

THANK'S! ..for sharing your secrets for sucess.
Since I see you are posting here along with everyone else I can assume that, it was the latter rather than the former option that worked for you?
What were your lucky numbers?!

Sales?

Lots of talk about the boot but what about sales?! Does anyone know what the status on these condos are? There were lots of figures flying around in the fall....

THANK'S! ..for sharing your secrets for sucess.
Since I see you are posting here along with everyone else I can assume that, it was the latter rather than the former option that worked for you?
What were your lucky numbers?!

Well first you need to know how to spell the word success.

Furthermore, I never needed any luck, I am independently wealthy.

Well first you need to know how to spell the word success.

Furthermore, I never needed any luck, I am independently wealthy.

That reminds me. I heard the other day that Prince Charles is also 'independently wealthy'.
What royal family do you belong to?

Back