Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I like the tower, but still have concerns about the base, and how it will fit with the O'Keefe Centre. Too bad we can't see the building from other perspectives.

Where were the line ups for this?

The units for this project were sold lightning fast - prior to any line-ups being created during a family and friends preview and agent preview. The builder held back a small selection of units for a public opening, but has spent very little on advertising and promotion (as it isn't needed) - so that's one reason the project hasn't had to public/media profile of 1BE.

let's just hope this project isn't one of the many that cheapens out during the different building phases later on to come.

cool, so it sounds like we are going to be seeing some serious action starting early next summer on this baby. I wonder if I can hold my breath for 6 months? This thing is going to look fantastic looking east down Front St from Union Station!

Those curvy windows that the penthouses get (I assume) are going to be a bitch to clean and keep clean. Also,I imagine it's going to feel a bit like living in a green house. These are new uncharted waters we are navigating in. Perhaps the curve is not as great as it appears and each individual unit up there has straight glass with only a slight angle tilt. ..But what about those units near the the very top where the windows seem to point to the sky, I wonder... ..Mwbe its all mechanical up there?

I assume it would be mechanical up there. Otherwise it would be way too bright in your unit.

I had never seen this render before, don't know how many else haven't:

Images c/o: UrbanDB

0921bird.jpg

This largely puts the original design and the 'Toronto Style' as a whole to shame.

Original Render
hummingbird_centre-rendering.jpg

Where is/was the sales center located - I want to go down and get a couple more pics of that model if I could.

I think it is just in the lobby of the Hummingbird, er, Sony Centre...they were originally going to build a sales office on the Yonge St. side, but because they basically sold out at the preview, they decided to save some money, and not build the sales office...

ProjectEnd:

Actually the "original render" you've posted is the 2nd iteration of the project, by HOK (if my memory serves). The very first Hummingbird proposal was by KPMB.

re: sales office - save the money, use it for better materials, ideally...

AoD

Thanks for the update Alvin. Would you happen to have or know where I could view the original render? I'm very interested to see it now that I've heard was by KPMB.

Back