Discussion in 'Real Estate - Individual Project Threads' started by Edward Skira, Jul 17, 2013.
1092 Kingston Road
Now renamed Kingston&Co Condominiums.
The grand opening is this weekend, and they're celebrating with a street festival. Check it all out here.
Finish selections are closing next week. I was impressed by the standard finishes, which included Caesarstone countertops.
I bought a 2bed unit on the 4th floor - our Firm Occupancy is May 8th. Getting a little nervous as no one has taken possession yet. Have you heard anything from the builder? Will you definitely be moving in this month?
Don't they have to give you 90 days notice of your final occupancy date? If that's the case, I think it may be delayed.
Yes, the builder does need to give 90 days notice. If they don't, and your day moves out, you can file a Tarion late occupancy claim. Happened to me in my current building, but the most you can get is $7500.
I believe Percy's post was before they postponed occupancy dates for the final time. I am on the 5th floor and I have a final occupancy date for May 24th. I also know someone who has a unit on the 3rd floor and his occupancy is May 3rd.
Because the last dates we received (May) was the third time TAS changed the date, they are not able to move it further out or they will face penalties, as stated above. I am assuming due to all the May dates, the 2nd floor will start moving in at the end of April.
I am curious as to what retail will be moving in. I heard there was going to be a Longos, but they backed out due to the rent being high. All just rumours though.
I've heard an LCBO or a grocer oriented version of Shopper's Drug Mart. It's all just rumours until you see the coming soon sign on the windows.
Also, I believe they're allowed to change the move in date 2 more times before any penalties. If you look, the last move in date is the first that was called 'firm' All the ones previous were called tentative I believe. SO, I beleive they're allowed, 3 'firm' dates before the penalty.
The tentative becomes firm if a new date is not given 90 days prior to the current tentative occupancy date. As mentioned in my earlier post, I went through a delay claim with Tarion in my current unit, and I'm 100% certain about this.
Thank you both for that, it's good to know. I was trying to read the Tarion website for specifics, but you both explain it much more concisely.
Everyone else probably got this as well, but I received an email yesterday confirming my occupancy date (hasn't changed), and need to begin some steps for occupancy, etc. Also, they'll be hosting a seminar for what to expect as part of getting to occupancy and full ownership when the condo corp is registered. Looks like it's full steam ahead for the last dates provided.
I got my Date, May 28th..... i didt hear anything about a Meeting , but was told that about 2-3 weeks before my occupancy i will have the first inspection date
i guess its in time to BBQ at least
They mentioned the meeting very briefly in the email where they gave us the forms to fill out, near the top.
Has anyone been by there lately to see if there are any retail signs yet? I used to live around the corner but am living outside of Toronto until the condo is ready so I can no longer check on things every day!
i drive by twice a day.. its actually on my route to home/work . so signs yet and i dont expect any until the building is registers or close to it. the retail is the last priority for them.