Toronto King Portland Centre and Kingly Condos | 57.6m | 15s | Allied | Hariri Pontarini

The Community Consultation meeting was held last night for the Plazacorp 525 Adelaide Street West and the Allied / RioCan projects. While the new 620 King Street West proposal is not as advanced as the 525 Adelaide project (Plazacorp is preparing to submit their proposal into the municipal review process) Adam Vaughn requested the Allied / RioCan present at the same meeting, so the overall impact of the two proposals could be seen together.

The major news is that at this point, the overall design approach to the 620 King Street West proposal has been maintained - Hariri Pontarini are still the architects, with David Pontarini presenting last night. The major changes are:

• The building moves a bit more to the east side of the lot (picking up the area from the narrow building at 606 King Street West (formerly the Cheval restaurant), and is a bit thicker on the east-west axis).

• The vehicular service access, which previously extended on a north to south basis through the site, to King Street, will now turn east approximately mid-block, and exit to Portland Street. The southern part of the promenade area will now be basically vehicle free

• The brick treatment of the lower or podium floors is retained

• The main building is to be split into commercial office and residential areas, on a vertical basis - the southern part of the building facing King Street will be office, while the norther part, facing Adelaide is to be residential

• Increased emphasis on the ground level retail component, reflecting the RioCan involvement

• Allied will handle the Office component, and a new participant is anticipated to handle development of the residential area.

• The building at 604 King Street West (corner of Portland) will not be built over - the exterior is to remain as is, however the interior is to be redeveloped

• And, the retail area is expected to include restaurant(s), however there will not be any nightclub type facilities.

Last edited:
• The building at 600 King Street West (corner of Portland) will not be built over - the exterior is to remain as is, however the interior is to be redeveloped

Do you mean 604 King Street West? 600 King is on the other side of Portland. It would be a shame to lose the Spoke Club.

Do you mean 604 King Street West? 600 King is on the other side of Portland. It would be a shame to lose the Spoke Club.

Yes I do - sorry about that, it is 604 King Street West. Will edit my original post to correct.

Thanks

The major news is that at this point, the overall design approach to the 620 King Street West proposal has been maintained - Hariri Pontarini are still the architects, with David Pontarini presenting last night.

!!!

This is the best development related news I've heard in awhile on these boards. Thank you for sharing this. I really hope we get something as close as possible to the previous proposal. :)

I was under the impression that the Scholastic Bldg at 604 (with Buca in the back) would not be redeveloped, but that the building to the west of it would be.

I was under the impression that the Scholastic Bldg at 604 (with Buca in the back) would not be redeveloped, but that the building to the west of it would be.42

My understanding from what was said was the 604 building would not have material changes to the exterior, and would not have additional floors built on top, but the interior would be redeveloped to support additional retail.

A little activity going on behind the King St. scene.

As well - the 606 night club has been replace with a tapas type restaurant called Valdez.

Pics taken June 19, 2013

tWIHX09.jpg

KieXm2w.jpg

1HmoA4Q.jpg

Last edited:
Pics taken June 27, 2013

The Bianchi Brothers Auto Body shop is now gone except for one wall that still has hydro attached to it.

DPHIsPV.jpg

f3i7C0W.jpg

Zf5Fi5C.jpg

hJB6iF7.jpg

Sw8GUuX.jpg

The wall that still has hydro attached to it.

mGzTbzD.jpg

Looking East.

TnVW3CZ.jpg

Looking South from Adelaide St.

K4ttsB5.jpg

5mrBiiI.jpg

I'm guessing parking lot for now.

The "606" night club recently became the Valdez Restaurant (Armenian, Spanish, Tapas).

Pic taken July 1, 2013

3QrGnQJ.jpg

Back