Toronto King Portland Centre and Kingly Condos | 57.6m | 15s | Allied | Hariri Pontarini

One of my favourite rooms because of the curved glass

Could they have replaced those yellow bricks with red?
No, because the building you are talking about is not part of this development, is a designated heritage building so you don't pull down its perfectly fine old brick, and it looks great in yellow brick anyway.

The way they pay attention to even the alleyways is, in and of itself amazing! Good work Allied!

Hopefully one day this will be the standard the entire city strives for. Some of it is money but most of it is pride of place. On a recent trip to SW Florida I was impressed with how they took the time to make their visible plumbing attractive by painting it bright blue, there were plants between the sidewalk and road in most cases, concrete sidewalks were far less prevalent, electrical was buried, even their strip malls looked nice.

When I got back to Toronto the gulf between it and SW Florida was shocking. Everywhere my eye looked my reaction was: they would never have that where I just came from. In Canada one usually only need walk a block on a city street to find 10 ugly things. Canadians are slowly getting better at it but we have a long way to go.

Last edited:

Back