Toronto King Portland Centre and Kingly Condos | 57.6m | 15s | Allied | Hariri Pontarini

Any indication of what sort of public activation is going to happen in the alleyways? Some of these spaces would be decent for some outdoor patio seating.

Also I wish they'd chosen a better font for the signage rather than whatever was available in AutoCAD/Revit, but that's just a minor nitpick.

Any indication of what sort of public activation is going to happen in the alleyways? Some of these spaces would be decent for some outdoor patio seating.

Also I wish they'd chosen a better font for the signage rather than whatever was available in AutoCAD/Revit, but that's just a minor nitpick.

The patios for the two south restaurants will be on King, the third restaurant will have a patio on the west side of the complex and Buca's patio is moving back to the west side of 602 King (in the laneway) now that their entrance has flipped back to its original location.

Move activities at the Indigo 468 King Street West offices - not sure if it is related to the activities at the Indigo office at 539 King Street West (King Toronto project) or the upcoming Indigo office relocation into the King Portland Centre.

IT'S HAPPENING!!!! Opening Day is Almost Here

The King Portland Centre is a hive of activity now, and should be right through the weekend. Monday morning, April 1 - Occupancy of the office areas. Both the Indigo and Shopify spaces are in final preparation - all kinds of support staff on site. Truck after truck pulling into the driveway to unload. Around 500 staff between the two companies are planned to show up for work here on Monday.

Took a whole bunch of photos from inside the Shopify offices (so far we have floors 6,7,8 and 10 open). There's still a lot of work to do, but the building is amazing the curved glass portions offer great views. Monday was busy with hundreds of people moving in (including Indigo as well). Hopefully I'll post more photos over time (and with a proper camera). Once the weather gets better and our two terraces open we'll have better views too.

Back