King Blue Condominiums (Greenland) - Real Estate -

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thread for those interested in purchasing at King Blue Condominiums at King Street West and Blue Jays Way.

Just wondering, has the presentation sales office been opened to the public yet?

Asking because I don't see any office hours listed anywhere...

thanks

My humble opinion, I am making a note on my will-not-get-built-due-to-lack-of-sales-in-saturated-market list.

That's is all. :(

:confused:
See ya in 6-8 months.

Here's a very big sale:

EASTON’S GROUP OF COMPANIES SELLS KING BLUE CONDOMINIUMS TO GREENLAND HOLDING GROUP CO.

Leading Global Real Estate Developer Purchases First Development in Canada

TORONTO, September 16, 2014 ....Easton’s Group of Hotels and The Remington Group have sold its interest in the two tower King Blue Condominiums to Shanghai-based Greenland Holding Group Co., the Chinese multinational with billions of dollars in assets, who recently opened a Toronto office. Purchase price was not disclosed.

Located at the corner of King Street and Blue Jays Way, King Blue Condominiums consists of two towers, 44 and 48 storeys. The development also incorporates the historic Westinghouse factory building, a Toronto landmark that has graced the bustling intersection since 1927, which will also be converted into loft condos. www.kingbluecondos.com

Steve Gupta, President & CEO of Toronto-based Easton’s Group of Hotels said that the sale of Easton’s interest in the King Blue site presents a significant upside for his organization. “We believe this transaction will help launch us forward as we identify new investment and development opportunities allowing us to focus on key strategic priorities as we continue to transform Toronto’s skyline with dynamic new projects.

“We have made absolutely certain,” Gupta added, “that all of our customers and their brokers who purchased at King Blue are completely protected. With the purchase now complete, Greenland, as a Fortune 500 global company, has assumed all commitments and have agreed to fulfill their responsibilities.”

The Easton’s Group, founded by entrepreneur Steve Gupta, has over 35 years’ experience in the real estate and hospitality industries.

Said Vice President, Marketing Reetu Gupta, “We began with residential apartment buildings in the early 1980s and then owned over 7,000 apartment units in over 60 buildings across Ontario. My father transitioned the company into building upper mid-scale niche hotels in Ontario and Québec and over the years, built approximately 3,000 hotel suites including 1,000 extended stay suites with full kitchens (same as condos). With a strong team, we have developed and operate an award-winning hotel portfolio under the Marriott, Hilton and Holiday Inn brands in both provinces.”

In 2011, Easton’s launched their first condo project, King Blue. Their second project, Dundas Square Gardens, at the corner of Dundas and Jarvis Sts. also in Toronto, is almost sold out in just five months after coming to the market and becoming one of the fastest selling condo projects in the GTA. As part of its commitment to the area, Easton’s Group is donating $1,000 to nearby Ryerson University for every suite sold, topping out this significant donation at $1 million.

Stopped by the sales office yesterday.

South Tower at 98%. North Tower is now available.

Most of the towers they are showing off as their projects, and in the brochures....do not exist yet.

Model suite looks nice, although seems like massive amount of extra finishing and upgrades. And door frame has cracks in it, with sloppy paint-work.

Hi, newbie here.
I am thinking about buying a 2 bedroom unit.
I would like to get your opinions about the project.
Quality of the building, time of completion, the contractor, good investment etc...?
Thanks for your time.

Hi, newbie here.
I am thinking about buying a 2 bedroom unit.
I would like to get your opinions about the project.
Quality of the building, time of completion, the contractor, good investment etc...?
Thanks for your time.

I don’t think any units are available here, this project sold out a while ago. It is hard to comment on the quality of the project and whether it is a good building to buy into right now as it is not finished, this should be finished and about ready to move into early 2019.

I am looking to buy an assignment 1 Bed for $525 (Model 06). Any tips? I am skeptical as this is a hotel and its also listed lower than other condos around.

B

I am looking to buy an assignment 1 Bed for $525 (Model 06). Any tips? I am skeptical as this is a hotel and its also listed lower than other condos around.

B

Well, have you factored in all the closing costs? There's legal fees, city levies (could be thousands), and water connecting etc.

I am not familiar with this builder and vaguely remember they're from China and this is their first residential project in Toronto so there's no precedent building to compare the build quality from this developer...also take that into account...may want to do some more research...

Back