News   Apr 25, 2024
 265     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 389     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 585     0 

Kensington Brewing Company (299 Augusta Ave., ?, 3s, ?)

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
I did a search for a thread and couldn't find one despite remembering having seen this somewhere on here. Photos taken 26 April 2016.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 437
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 429
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 422
o_O

That weathered metal screen on the left of the façade has 'kensignton' perforated into it, and lights up from behind at night. It's quite... something.

I don't think it's good, exactly, but Kensington is such a crazy-quilt hodgepodge that I don't mind it here as much as I would elsewhere.

I just saw that the other day ony my way to The Burgernator; was about to post a picture! Looks really nice at night time. Aside from the first floor the rusted metal part has a really nice Kensington Market vibe going on.

Just when you thought that the age of manufacturing industries operating in the downtown core was fading into the sunset, craft breweries bring manufacturing back to the city. These operations are different from the big breweries, tractor factories and slaughterhouses of the past in that they're micro scaled. The new form of manufacturing is an interesting development, and one wonders what parallels it will have in other industries.

Last edited:
Same goes for new, smaller scaled manufacturing that operates in smaller, faster batches (i.e. 3d printing, custom, short-run clothing runs) and are often times cleaner and less intrusive than older factories.

In fact, it might make sense to open up employment zones for redevelopment with mixed use industrial- in NY they're studying ways of blending together commercial + industrial, or even residential together on former industrial lands. It the case of industrial and commercial, on the first few floors you might have some level of light scale manufacturing & even retail, while office floors above can host design and prototyping workshops.

Back