594     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 366     0 

Keller Williams Realty

ESPNGuy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Who are they and whats there deal?

Someone told me are a quazi pyrimad system?

Does anyone work for them?

They are a franchisor, similar to ReMax, Century 21, and a few others. They entered Canada about three or four years ago. A number of offices are now labelled with the name. They operate under the same rules as everyone else.

Keller Williams Realty is a first and foremost an leading edge Education and Training company for Realtors. Second, a Real Estate company; that promote an agent centric business model that is based on the belief system that the agent should be treated like partners. With this unique "culture" and business model, it has propelled Keller Williams Realty into the third largest Real Estate company in North America.

Keller Williams Realty has only been in Canada for approximately 10 years and has started to make it presence felt in the marketplace with its focus on the "customer" needs and not the "listing". Its all about the customer, the property is secondary. Keller Williams representatives will meet with clients to discuss their "needs" and what they "expect" out of the partnership. From the discussion, it is up to the customer to decide whether they want to be in a partnership with Keller Williams representative and if a Keller Williams representative feels it cannot meet the customer expectation, then the representative will disclose that to the customer.

It is this "culture' and great support system at Keller Williams; the reason why I decided to become partners with Keller Williams Realty.

an agent centric business model

Yep, that sounds about right. As in, a business model that revolves around the "needs" of the agent, and how they "expect" to milk "customers"

Let's see... First, I had numerous errors in my listing. Then I was encouraged to list low and then discouraged from trying to negotiate the price up with the buyer (if I hadn't refused to do what they wanted I would have been out $20k). Then when we went to buy our "must-have" list was completely disregarded and we were instead ferried around town to look at other Keller Williams properties. After three weeks of fighting they finally begrudgingly set up a viewing for us in the building we had been trying to get into from day one. Then when we got into that building they completely fubar'ed the purchase offer. Oh, and then they referred me to a lawyer to handle the purchase agreement who (despite charging me all kinds of money to perform a background check on the property) failed to notice the liens that had been registered against it.

There are some upsides, tho. It's a great realtor to go with if you just want your agent to disappear from your life as quickly as possible post-sale. Funny how quickly calls stop getting returned once they get their commission.

whatever,

First, I want to apologize to you foremost with the way you were treated as a client by this "Realtor". Based on your information you have provided above you were not treated with respect, honour and professionalism when it comes to an "agency" relationship. This particular "Realtor" should have been brought forth to RECO disciplinary tribunal and should have been "slapped" with a fine and had his/her license suspended.

The Real Estate Industry has it fair share of "bad" apples, perhaps too many!! There are almost 30,000 realtors in the GTA and sadly up to 80% of them are in this profession for the wrong reasons. Many are lured by the $$$ and conduct themselves "selfishly" without disregard to the homeowner or the buyer. The realtor in this percentile do not last long and fade away to obscurity because they will fail. However, it is because of this percentile group that gives realtor a bad image IMO.

The remaining 20% of the Realtors, like me are in this business because we love it and our focus is on the customer/client first and not the $$$. This 20% care about your needs "first" and not the $$$$. The $$$ are secondary in my opinion and the $$$ we earn is because of our hard work, dedications, communication and commitment to our clients. Your're the "boss"!! We represent you! We are here to serve "your needs" and not "ours".

All Realtors must follow a "Code of Ethics" and perform Fiduciary duties to all clients as governed by "Real Estate and Business Brokers Act 2002".( http://www.reco.on.ca/onlineguide/)

This "single" act by this "realtor" does not reflect the conduct of other agents that are affliated with Keller Williams Realty. I am truly sorry for the "bad experience" you have been put through and it is up to this "industry" to "weed" out these people who are in this business for the wrong reason. This is one reason why I became a realtor as I was tired of theses "weeds" that had no respect or time for the consumer. I have over 20years of customer service experience and have always believed that the customer is always right and we are here to serve you! I believe in partnerships and relationships. I believe in hard work, commitment and communications so you can see that I am working for you and not against you. Even if our partnership/relationship fail, I would rather fire myself then give you a "bad experience". Buying and Selling is stressful enough and I don't want to stress you out more then you are or create more anxiety than necessary.

Again, my sincerest apologies for the conduct of that "realtor". It is not the way you should have been treated.

whatever,

First, I want to apologize to you foremost with the way you were treated as a client by this "Realtor". Based on your information you have provided above you were not treated with respect, honour and professionalism when it comes to an "agency" relationship. This particular "Realtor" should have been brought forth to RECO disciplinary tribunal and should have been "slapped" with a fine and had his/her license suspended.

The Real Estate Industry has it fair share of "bad" apples, perhaps too many!! There are almost 30,000 realtors in the GTA and sadly up to 80% of them are in this profession for the wrong reasons. Many are lured by the $$$ and conduct themselves "selfishly" without disregard to the homeowner or the buyer. The realtor in this percentile do not last long and fade away to obscurity because they will fail. However, it is because of this percentile group that gives realtor a bad image IMO.

The remaining 20% of the Realtors, like me are in this business because we love it and our focus is on the customer/client first and not the $$$. This 20% care about your needs "first" and not the $$$$. The $$$ are secondary in my opinion and the $$$ we earn is because of our hard work, dedications, communication and commitment to our clients. Your're the "boss"!! We represent you! We are here to serve "your needs" and not "ours".

All Realtors must follow a "Code of Ethics" and perform Fiduciary duties to all clients as governed by "Real Estate and Business Brokers Act 2002".( http://www.reco.on.ca/onlineguide/)

This "single" act by this "realtor" does not reflect the conduct of other agents that are affliated with Keller Williams Realty. I am truly sorry for the "bad experience" you have been put through and it is up to this "industry" to "weed" out these people who are in this business for the wrong reason. This is one reason why I became a realtor as I was tired of theses "weeds" that had no respect or time for the consumer. I have over 20years of customer service experience and have always believed that the customer is always right and we are here to serve you! I believe in partnerships and relationships. I believe in hard work, commitment and communications so you can see that I am working for you and not against you. Even if our partnership/relationship fail, I would rather fire myself then give you a "bad experience". Buying and Selling is stressful enough and I don't want to stress you out more then you are or create more anxiety than necessary.

Again, my sincerest apologies for the conduct of that "realtor". It is not the way you should have been treated.

Love it!
Just about to turn off the computer when I read the above.
Best chuckle of the day.
As my daddy used to say. "It may look like a new barnyard, but it's the same old bull."

Granny, a bit unfair to Willy who has been gracious enough to apologize for the poor performance of one of his colleagues. It sounds like Willy is at least trying to present himself as a professional.

Real estate is unfortunately perceived as an easy field to enter and to make money. It's not really, of course, but so many people see it that way that it attracts a significant number of people who just aren't willing to put out the effort, and / or haven't learned everything that is required to conclude a transaction successfully, leaving the customer satisfied. I'm not sure what the answer is; it has been that way for a long time in spite of upgraded requirements.

To "whatever": my suggestion would be to complain about the agent to the broker, and possibly after that to RECO. If the lawyer did an f-ed up search on the property, complain about that to the Law Society, particularly if it cost you money. Be businesslike, but assertive.

This was a couple years ago so it's a little late to be pursuing things. I didn't file any complaints at the time partly because I was too busy between work/school/wedding planning/moving, partly because I don't handle bureaucracy well, and partly because I've never found satisfaction from following a complaints procedure. I take much greater satisfaction in bashing them every chance I get, in the hope that I can cost them as much money as they cost me. So far I know I've definitely cost them two commissions by talking friends/family into switching realtors, and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

My daughter bought and sold a house through a realtor working with or for this company and she couldn't be happier. The agent she used is held in such high esteem locally that she practically "owns" the neighbourhood agent-wise judged by the fact that her signage outnumbers all the competition and has apparently for a few years.

Back