News   May 03, 2024
 520     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 256     0 

Jewelry Stores?

Malthus

Member Bio
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has some info about stores that sell interesting and unusual jewelry designs.

I'm looking for stuff that is neither cheap nor horribly expensive - say in the $2,000 - $4,000 for a pair of earings range (though obviously if interesting stuff is cheaper, I'll not turn my nose up at that!). Looking for something to buy my wife, not for Valentine's Day, but maybe for our 13th anniversary this summer. We never had cash to buy jewelry when we were younger, and she's not much of a fan of jewelry that merely displays wealth, which means I can't just wander into a Birk's and buy something typical - but I have no idea how to shop for something that is not.

check out one of the numerous places on Victoria between Dundas and Shuter.. i go to a place called Victoria Jewellers in the basement of the building just north of the construction site for the new St Mikes building. you pay half of what you pay at birks for the exact same stuff, just take a picture of what you want and they'll make it for you since they own the jewellrey mold place across the hall also

check out one of the numerous places on Victoria between Dundas and Shuter.. i go to a place called Victoria Jewellers in the basement of the building just north of the construction site for the new St Mikes building. you pay half of what you pay at birks for the exact same stuff, just take a picture of what you want and they'll make it for you since they own the jewellrey mold place across the hall also

I second this area. Lots of wholesalers and they are much cheaper than traditional stores.

Ah, yeah. He makes me think of what would've happened had Austin Powers not been cryogenically frozen, but moved to civilian life in Canada instead

Artworks, on Avenue Road just north of Davenport. World-class, and I would know.

Prime Gallery on McCaul, and The Guild Shop on Cumberland, are a couple of places that carry the work of local jewellery designers. There's a contemporary Canadian crafts and jewellery shop at the Harbourfront Centre that displays new work all the time. One Of A Kind opens on March 20th and always has plenty of nice work by local jewellers, and others from across the country. That should be a good start. Also, OCAD's spring Open House is worth a look.

Back