724     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 490     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 798     0 

Jasonzed's myDrone Activity of Toronto and Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a very inviting promenade! It's time to take the GO to Port Credit!

5d4183bb-7be5-4975-b890-c8321cbcc0c4_zps9kawem1l.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    880.8 KB · Views: 364
where is this????/

It is basically at the foot of Hurontario in Port Credit. In the coming years, Port Credit will be going through a major redevelopment that includes the re-imagining of the marina, the LRT, and building of West Village which is a few blocks west of the Credit River along the Lakeshore south to the lake.

These pics make me think that development should have been designed to give Hurontario St. a distinct end or even a "Hurontario Street Pier". There could have been an artwork inlay in the pavement like one at the the foot of Yonge showing the street's length and the towns along the way. Only the Hurontario one would be accurate regarding its length.

hurontario.jpg

It's unfortunate that Hurontario isn't famous as an historic street (Damn you Ten Restaurant!). If Mississauga were a classic city I'm sure that would have been the case.

Attachments

• hurontario.jpg
    hurontario.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 792
It's unfortunate that Hurontario isn't famous as an historic street (Damn you Ten Restaurant!). If Mississauga were a classic city I'm sure that would have been the case.
That is a pretty funny observation. I wonder if Hurontario ever will develop that kind of vibrancy. Its future will definitely be accompanied with density, between Port Credit, Square One, Cooksville-Dundas and Eglinton hubs.

That is a pretty funny observation. I wonder if Hurontario ever will develop that kind of vibrancy. Its future will definitely be accompanied with density, between Port Credit, Square One, Cooksville-Dundas and Eglinton hubs.

I don't see why not. Once the LRT is built and Hurontario is built-out the stretch will be buzzing with people and activities.

Apart from the LRT I'm loving the dedicated bike lanes. I'm hoping it with stretch from at least Eglinton to the Lakeshore. I can see a ton of people using it.

LRT: Streetscape and Urban Design Strategy
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pd..._A2_Streetscape_and_Urban_Design_Strategy.pdf

Last edited:
These pics make me think that development should have been designed to give Hurontario St. a distinct end or even a "Hurontario Street Pier". There could have been an artwork inlay in the pavement like one at the the foot of Yonge showing the street's length and the towns along the way. Only the Hurontario one would be accurate regarding its length.

View attachment 155566

Ten is actually no more.

I don't see why not. Once the LRT is built and Hurontario is built-out the stretch will be buzzing with people and activities.

Apart from the LRT I'm loving the dedicated bike lanes. I'm hoping it with stretch from at least Eglinton to the Lakeshore. I can see a ton of people using it.

LRT: Streetscape and Urban Design Strategy
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pd..._A2_Streetscape_and_Urban_Design_Strategy.pdf
Hopefully they are protected somehow. I don't see cycling along Hurontario to be particularly attractive due to the wide arterial. (Even if there is an LRT in the middle)

Ten is actually no more.

Many don't seem to know that and identify it as such and think it goes to Owen Sound. The mention of the street's true length with regards to Yonge St. is that the Yonge inlay at Queen's Quay is false in claiming it goes to Rainy River because people conflate it with all of Hwy. 11. Hurontario actually does go to Collingwood.

Last edited:
Many don't seem to know that and identify it as such and think it goes to Owen Sound. The mention of the street's true length with regards to Yonge St. is that the Yonge inlay at Queen's Quay is false in claiming it goes to Rainy River because people conflate it with all of Hwy. 11. Hurontario actually does go to Collingwood.
I was actually thinking of the restaurant Ten. At least when it comes to Mississauga, I never refer to Hurontario as Highway 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back