Toronto 2992 Sheppard East | 62.7m | 18s | 95 Development | Gold Land Architects and Engineers

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
City Planning Preliminary Report to be considered by Scarborough Community Council on September 15, 2009:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/sc/bgrd/backgroundfile-22981.pdf

if anything ... this proposal at least helps to urbanize and add density to Sheppard ! :D

Proposal

A 14 storey apartment building with 142 dwelling units is proposed. Ground floor retail space of approximately 229 m2 is also proposed along the Sheppard and Pharmacy frontages. The building is proposed to be condominium tenure.

The proposed density of development is approximately 6.2 FSI (floor space index).

Vehicular access is proposed from both Sheppard Avenue East and Pharmacy Avenue with right-in, right-out access only to each. A total of 179 parking spaces are proposed, 10 surface parking spaces with the balance contained within four levels of underground parking. A parking rate of 1.2 spaces per dwelling unit is proposed.

It's always nice to see little condos like this in the suburbs and not just 2000 unit master-planned megacomplexes.

If memory serves me correctly, this proposed condo is next to an endearingly ugly brutal slab that stands out with red balconies.

lets hope this will work out. I believe there was a proposed condo site around that area (called 'Perfect 10 Condos'?) before, that failed miserably.

yup ... Perfect 10 Condos was located right next door (1 local street west) at Chichester Place .. too bad the RE market nose-dived just as that project was launched ~

yup ... Perfect 10 Condos was located right next door (1 local street west) at Chichester Place .. too bad the RE market nose-dived just as that project was launched ~

i personally it's the neighbourhood that it is located in that had a greater impact. Also, the Sales Office weren't onsite, they were somewhere in Markham (Kennedy/Denison?). I think it's difficult to sell something that people cannot go out and see.

I personally don't think the sales of this project will go well. I don't know, i could be wrong. I hope i'm proven wrong because i really would like to see this neighbourhood change for the better.

Last edited:
Perfect 10 was on the west side of Chichester. Scarberian is correct that this proposal is beside that clunker with the red balconies. The massing and scale is appropriate for this corner and a little bit of glass would be welcoming, even from Kirkor. I would love to see this area get redeveloped a bit more. Pretty much the whole stretch of Sheppard on the south side between Vic Park and Pharmacy (including the SE and SW plazas) is ripe for redevelopment and it's only a matter of time I think. The Esso station has been gone for a while and I believe was remediated already. To the east there are two vacant lots that at one point were approved for an 8-storey senior's residence (if I remember correctly). The majority of the homes along Sheppard further to the east have also been on the market as well. The Pizza Pizza can go at VP and Sheppard, and the Food Basics/Chucke Cheese's plaza can be redeveloped without a tear from me. Unfortunately, Johnny's fate is inevitable.

This property was up for sale early this year and it has finally been sold. I noticed the sold sign today as I was passing by the site. Have no idea who bought or what their plan are for this site now.

I think there is land across this site thats also been sold? How is Johnny's Hamburgers holding up in the area? This area is intensifying quite a bit in the last 4 years.

Just sold -- closing is next month. -- No news on the buyer but since it is almost permit approved--you will see this come to market soon.

Mr Sklavos at Johnny's was the only one not willing to sell his property which really makes the corner look awkward even when future development succumbs to his property.

The Foster Pontiac Buick site - you will see something very soon on this site for an international developer has the first right of refusal on the site while it undergoes its rezoning (adhering to the Sheppard Ave E. Secondary Plan). Expect Condo and townhomes on the site to start to market come Q3-Q4 2012

Maestro Condos (Sheppard & Pharmacy, Mutual Hujade Development Corporation, 14s)

http://maestrocondos.com

scaled.php

EDIT .... removed wrong information

Thanks BMyers

Last edited:
Solaris, "Perfect 10" was at 10 Chichester Pl, this site is 2002 Pharmacy Avenue.

Back