News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 3.9K     4 

James Bond Grows Up

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's easy to see why the new James Bond flick is enjoying record earnings. He has definitely evolved in a positive way. The previous ones were getting to be a bit too much and a bit too dated with his endless female conquests, myriad of toys and faux exotic locations. The new James Bond is vulnerable, edgy, a little vindictive, a little nihilistic and very efficient at taking care of business. I think he only bedded one woman in this movie and the locations were far from exotic but nonetheless intriguing. There is no shortage of action in this movie, in fact I heard people in the lobby saying they had a hard time keeping up with it. If you've written off the Bond franchise as too much fluff, I urge you to give it one more chance and go see this movie.

Mod, Maybe I should have put this in Out & About.

Last edited:
Moved.

It was fun, but the series is still silly. I mean, the hotel that blows up? What were they using for insulation? Nitroglycerine? Maybe we're just so used to seeing things blow up real good that we don't even question why it's happening?

In regards to keeping up, yes, a number of the characters have very sketchy motivations, and it's often hard to tell why person x has to die. They probably want you in the seats a couple of more times just to figure it out.

^ It was one of those small things that was easy to miss but the hotel blew up because the whole place was powered by fuel cells. Being in the middle of the desert, it was the only way to supply power.

I guess after that fiasco no-one will build another fuel-cell hotel that blows up like a line of firecrackers. That thing was like launching an ocean-liner with no watertight compartments. Shoddy movie-resort builders.

There is no shortage of action in this movie, in fact I heard people in the lobby saying they had a hard time keeping up with it.

Is that what really makes a great Bond movie? Lots of action? Sad what the Bond series has become.

IMO, the last truly great Bond movie was On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Back