538     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

It's Official

B

billy corgan19982

urbantoronto.ca is now officially ours. I registered the site this morning. I predict great things to come !

Great News BC! Next step is to redirect to this addy.

I'll be making my last logo rendering by the end of the month.(been a crazy last couple of weeks)

Do you want to make an official Final Logo Entry thread?

Thanks,

dencity

dencity:

I am working on the website hierachy as well. Got the cold, so I am a bit slow the last few days :(

GB

Maybe urbancanada.ca should also be registered some time down the road just in case this movement expands beyond Toronto.

I was thinking of that. However at this point in time I think it's best to follow the KISS principle.

BC:

Can't you "park" the urbancanada domain or is that an american thing?

Just a heads up for any future political aspirations centred around this forum: my dad is considering running for city council (remember, this is a very preliminary report). He has held political office before as a Trustee and then as Chair of the Toronto Catholic School Board.

I mention this merely because should he run and win, it's always good to know you have friends in high places.

Thanks for the heads up Canuck. It's always nice to have friends in high places.

What are your dad's political leanings? Would he be a good voice for the urban 'lobby'?

I'd just like to stress again: don't count your eggs before they hatch. Right now my dad is in teachers college and has several commitments to attend to. This city council run could be a while away, if at all, since all he's done is drop suggestions at possibly running.

As far as political leanings go... well I don't hear him discuss many of the issues we talk about on this board (TTC, sprawl, etc), so it's hard to gage his opinion on those matters, but for political parties he usually goes Conservative/The Right, both provincially and federally...

Of course, we live out in Scarberia so he cannot be considered a true crusader for urbanite kind, (though once all the kids move out and they sell this big empty house, I wouldn't be surprised if he calls downtown home since the outer suburbs would be much too quiet for his very busy life).

Back