News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     4 

IT-Works! (Liberty Village, 4x 2-9s)

yyzer

Member Bio
Reaction score
from today's Daily Commercial News, this is new I believe - 3 office towers planned for King and Dufferin....

OFFICE BUILDINGS Proj: 9073107-8

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

IT Works Phases Two to Four, King St at Dufferin St, M6K
$44,700,000 est

Start: January, 2011

Note: Detailed design is ongoing for this project and for phase One, report number 1260393. Arch expects to begin Working drawings early 2010, pending the Owner's decision to proceed. Schedules for tender for Gen Cont and construction will be determined based on Municipal approvals, sales of Phase One and improved market conditions. Further update early 2010.
Project: proposed construction of three 100,000 sq ft, seven storey office buildings.

Scope: 300,000 square feet; 7 storeys; 1 storey below grade; 3 structures

Development: New
Category: Commercial offices

hmmm... what corner are they going to bulldoze to build this? I hope they dont touch my beloved Burger King! (one of the rare free parking lots in the area!)

I work in the building at the south-east corner of King/Dufferin and I can't figure out where this would go. Also, with Corus moving out of Liberty Village and into their new building soon, I can't imagine there's much demand for offices in this neighbourhood.

I'm pretty sure this is for the NE corner of Liberty and Dufferin and that the Urbancorp development owns BK with plans for a res tower there

Could point about Corus leaving ...

But this likely just getting approval from the city, if they don't have any tenants lined up (which is the case I doubt they do) this will go no where fast.

hmmm... what corner are they going to bulldoze to build this? I hope they dont touch my beloved Burger King! (one of the rare free parking lots in the area!)

This is most likely the site, there was rumour years ago of this corner going, Island Foods is about the only good eating joint in that complex, nothing else is worth keeping.
The other rumour has it, The City of Toronto vacating the lands just east of there.

What facilities do the city own here?

there's sort sort of transfer station on the north side of King beside the strip plaza.

This is most likely the site, there was rumour years ago of this corner going, Island Foods is about the only good eating joint in that complex, nothing else is worth keeping.

It apparently is going but supposedly for "Bridge Condos Ph.4." I've heard rumours about the redevelopment of the partly deconstructed auto plant that was recently occupied by BMG.

there's sort sort of transfer station on the north side of King beside the strip plaza.

It apparently is going but supposedly for "Bridge Condos Ph.4." I've heard rumours about the redevelopment of the partly deconstructed auto plant that was recently occupied by BMG.

Yeah that sort of transfer station occupies 1/4km frontage of King St.
From what i have heard, the next phases of Bridge will be all east of the current under construction tower.
I also dont think there is any way they can fit 3 x 7 storey office buildings into that deconstructed building/parking lot at Dufferin and Liberty street.

IT-Works!

Stratega Consulting is pleased to represent a number of exciting new commercial Leasing opportunities. (Brokers Protected)

In the Liberty King Area, IT-Works! is the addition of nearly 800,000 sq.ft. of commercial office space in a series of attached buildings stretching from Strachan Avenue to Dufferin Street along the north side of the Gardner Expressway. As permitted in Toronto's offical plan and zoning, the buildings will be of glass curtain-wall construction up to 28 meters in height (9 storeys) - zoned IC with High Technology uses. Building depths will depend on the width of the property at the foot of each Street (Atlantic, Dufferin, Hanna, Jefferson, Mowat). Tenants have their choice of full or partial floor plates, decor and finishes, exclusive elevator lobbies, and full first party advertising rights over the Gardner Expressway. Construction starts are dependant on Leasing of at least 65% of each building module. Easy Highway Access, Parking, TTC and GO, just above Exhibition Place and the Trade Centre!

The King Mowat Building features a new facade for a pre-world war building with heavy exposed wooden beams, 14' to 18' ceilings, parking and flexible unit sizes (up to a total of 60,000 sq.ft.) Available upon signing of Interest to Lease in under six months with engineered wood floors, heavy wood timbers, exposed brick surfaces, base building electrical and plumbing or priced according to your decor finishing requirements.

http://strategaconsulting.ca/page7.html

from today's Daily Commercial News, this is new I believe - 3 office towers planned for King and Dufferin....

OFFICE BUILDINGS Proj: 9073107-8

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

IT Works Phases Two to Four, King St at Dufferin St, M6K
$44,700,000 est

Start: January, 2011

Note: Detailed design is ongoing for this project and for phase One, report number 1260393. Arch expects to begin Working drawings early 2010, pending the Owner's decision to proceed. Schedules for tender for Gen Cont and construction will be determined based on Municipal approvals, sales of Phase One and improved market conditions. Further update early 2010.
Project: proposed construction of three 100,000 sq ft, seven storey office buildings.

Scope: 300,000 square feet; 7 storeys; 1 storey below grade; 3 structures

Development: New
Category: Commercial offices

I love it, it's great news!

But, how do you plan on attracting tenants!

Is the city giving any incentives in the area? As some have pointed out what about the extra free space coming to the area.

I doubt we'll see this happen.

Damn, I was hoping demolition would come to that pathetic 1-storey 80's retail strip with the Burger King, as well as the street-deadening city facility just east of it.

Back