News   Mar 28, 2024
 130     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 581     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 364     0 

Waterloo Region Transit Developments (ION LRT, new terminal, GRT buses)

Newest LRV travelled through Brampton today on a flatcar right behind the power on train 431.

Any idea where that train terminates? None of the KW spotters have seen it today, but presumably if it was heading through Brampton it's already past the Mac yard...

Not going to happen.

View attachment 159757

Was referring to this graphic.
You can tell they did an awful job with the way they drew it out, but half an hour to and from Kitchener during the early mornings, late evenings, and on weekends would be a big deal.
That graphic says 1/2 hourly service EB from Kitchener in the a.m. and 1/2 hourly service to Kitchener in the p.m.

It does not quite fit the definition of “half an hour service to and from Kitchener”

Any idea where that train terminates? None of the KW spotters have seen it today, but presumably if it was heading through Brampton it's already past the Mac yard...
431 terminates in Stratford. but they stop in Kitchener to switch out cars that are destined for Elmira/CP Interchange/Kitchener

431 terminates in Stratford. but they stop in Kitchener to switch out cars that are destined for Elmira/CP Interchange/Kitchener

A friend that lives near the Lancaster yard was unable to spot it over the weekend, so this morning on the way into work I went to the River Rd pedestrian bridge to see what I could see from there. (The arriving freights often park on the north track / long siding under the bridge before being broken up in the yard.) I couldn't spot it from there but could see a freight shunting on the north track so I headed west along Victoria for a better view... Jackpot:

(Taken from the Erb & Erb Insurance parking lot off the north side of Victoria, looking towards the Conestoga Parkway overpass.)

That graphic says 1/2 hourly service EB from Kitchener in the a.m. and 1/2 hourly service to Kitchener in the p.m.

It does not quite fit the definition of “half an hour service to and from Kitchener”
But it's still weekend/evening service. Something we haven't seen prior.

Probably should have also clarified that I was referring to peak times, I wouldn't expect anything less for Kitchener.
We are obviously talking at cross purposes here.....in the tweet I originally responded to you were not talking about peak times.....I’ve lost track what your point was really.
early mornings, late evenings, and on weekends

512 was offloaded this morning at the ION OMSF (Operations, Maintenance, and Storage Facility). Video in a few days (after editing...)

Note: Edited to clarify the term OMSF.

Last edited:

Back