1.1K     0 
News   Feb 26, 2021
 2K     7 

Ion Light Rail (Kitchener-Waterloo) & King/Victoria Transit Terminal

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Paywalls are brutal for anyone interested in reading more than a small handful of publications.
It has become the norm these days and based on the places I obtain info from as well read, I would be looking at a bill over $2,000 a yearly to get behind the wall. If you get the Star paper, you still have to pay to read the full website as well. I scrap the paper.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
How does one claim the

Digital News Subscription Tax Credit?​

From link.

Which news subscriptions qualify?​

The tax credit is only available for subscriptions with a qualified Canadian journalism organization (QCJO). A list of organizations that offer eligible qualifying subscriptions will be posted on Canada.ca.

Newspapers like The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, National Post, will surely qualify. Niche content subscription sites like The Logic may also qualify.
I keep looking but can't find out where and how much.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I only have a paper subscription, and my login works everywhere on the Toronto Star website. 100% access.
I would get notifications from time to time even when I had the paper that I need to to pay the web fees for things I wanted to read even log in. I scrap the paper as I rarely read it and then only for a few areas.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I only have a paper subscription, and my login works everywhere on the Toronto Star website. 100% access.
All paper subscriptions include the digital access. If you don't, you may require help from their subscription department on how. Usually, needs an e-mail address attached to your paper subscription.

crs1026

Member Bio
Reaction score
The extra LRV that Bombardier has built for iOn is reportedly en route. Will be received shortly.
I am told that the portable ramp that was used to unload the original LRV order can't be used at Northfield any more, so the LRV will be unloaded elsewhere onto the CN Elmira line and moved by trackmobile to the shops. Stay tuned.

- Paul

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
In theory, but trying to figure out what you can claim is difficult. Where's the promised list of eligible publications?

We are way off topic here ... do we have a tax thread somewhere?

Last edited: