News   Oct 22, 2021
 365     0 
News   Oct 22, 2021
 376     0 

Ion Light Rail (Kitchener-Waterloo) & King/Victoria Transit Terminal

awaterwell

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like a new entrance in the works for R&T Station, plus a sign similar to the one at the Fairway park-and-ride. If they're willing to add crossings after the fact, maybe they can put some more in at Northfield and get rid of those pylons...
rt-crossing.jpg

rt-sign.jpg

Streety McCarface

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like a new entrance in the works for R&T Station, plus a sign similar to the one at the Fairway park-and-ride. If they're willing to add crossings after the fact, maybe they can put some more in at Northfield and get rid of those pylons...
View attachment 288050
View attachment 288051
Perhaps better bus integration can be factored into some of these stations. R&T had issues with connections to the 9, perhaps the issues at Northfield, Waterloo Park, Victoria Park, Block Line, and Ottawa can be built in sometime soon.

afransen

Member Bio
Reaction score

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
It will work as we saw one in Phoenix last year that had gates for traffic and pedestrians. The trams only ran every 15 minutes.

Saw one in Europe back in 2012 as well.

Down under have a few also.

KevinT

Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited:

tmlittle

Member Bio
Reaction score
I would complain about them taking a long time to finally do this, but I don't blame them given they were able to cash in on grants to make it better. Stuff like the heated shelters and covered bike parking will really be necessary to make this an improved/parallel experience to the usual custom of people waiting inside the Davis Centre for GO buses, and to pull them out across the tracks from the UW campus.

Streety McCarface

Member Bio
Reaction score
I would complain about them taking a long time to finally do this, but I don't blame them given they were able to cash in on grants to make it better. Stuff like the heated shelters and covered bike parking will really be necessary to make this an improved/parallel experience to the usual custom of people waiting inside the Davis Centre for GO buses, and to pull them out across the tracks from the UW campus.
You should likely blame COVID, foundation work, and concrete curing times.

That being said, most of the work should have been done years ago.