785     0 

I'm looking to purchase Euros and CHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDL.TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm taking a trip to Europe at the end of this week and am interested in buying some Euros and/or Swiss Francs.

I'm not looking for a large amount, so if you've got some left over from a recent trip (maybe hiding a a drawer or in your wallet) send me a private message.

I will pay you the current day's exchange rate, so you'll get a better deal than taking them to a bank or currency exchange.

I'm able to meet in the downtown core any time during the day until May 28th.

Thanks.

Why not go to the bank? You couldn't possibly save a lot by buying someone's scrap euros, with all the time/travel involved in it as well.

Try Omega Exchange on Spadina (west side north of Queen). They always have better than bank rates.

Why not go to the bank? You couldn't possibly save a lot by buying someone's scrap euros, with all the time/travel involved in it as well.

Let's see, for me to buy 200 Euros from the bank would cost me:
$319.72
For them to sell 200 Euros to the bank would get them:
$302.04

That's $17.68 in the bank's pocket that could be shared by the seller and the buyer. Why not?

Besides, you assume too much. In reality, it would take MORE time and travel for me to go to travel to a bank (which I am not a customer of) and make the exchange than dealing with someone personally. I'm not going to put a lot of time or travel into it. If someone has some cash to sell and is close to where I'm going to be anyway, why not?

(I actually came here to lock and delete this thread, and now I'm left wondering if it should be left open for the sake of discussion)

I will be buying Euros in Euroland.

Look folks, I'm fully aware of all options for acquiring local currencies. I can't see this thread going anywhere useful, and my inquiry is closed, so I'm closing this thread.

Have a great trip CDL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back