Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I'm not really a fan of the new name. However, the way I see it, they can name it whatever they want as long as they stick to their own wayfinding standards and give it a number like all the others. Now, the real question is: do they stick with teal blue iconography, or go with hazel brown instead?

Screenshot_20220214-203850_OneDrive.jpg

Last edited:
Something called an election in 3 months time, and Sauga being one of DoFo's core constituency (with Hazel singing Doug's praises during the last election).

AoD

And wasn't it only a few years ago Doug and his brother referred to long-serving municipal politicians as pigs at the trough. Now they're to be lauded. Seems absurd, but your explanation explains why.

I'm not really a fan of the new name. However, the way I see it, they can name it whatever they want as long as they stick to their own wayfinding standards and give it a number like all the others. Now, the real question is: do they stick with teal blue iconography, or go with hazel brown instead?

View attachment 380202
Line 3, the Scarborough RT, will be closing in 2023. The Scarborough Line will be replaced by the extension of Line 2. Which makes the number "Line 3" available for the Ontario Line ("Rob Ford Line?") OR the Hurontario Line ("Hazel McCallion Line").

Line 3, the Scarborough RT, will be closing in 2023. The Scarborough Line will be replaced by the extension of Line 2. Which makes the number "Line 3" available for the Ontario Line ("Rob Ford Line?") OR the Hurontario Line ("Hazel McCallion Line").
I sound like a broken record, but why are we giving LRT lines subway nomenclature? They are fundamentally different things representing different services. In that case, why not then call Viva Orange Line 8, or maybe Viva Blue Line 9?

I kind of hate this - what did she accomplish exactly as mayor that she's deserving of such an honour?
I don’t think anything much. But she did try to make Mississauga more of its own city then the neighbouring 905 which just focused on being bedroom communities. I think Mississauga people are just proud and hazel was pretty personable. Who doesn’t like a 90 year old who plays hockey? But anyone looking closer sees hazel with don cherry and has second thoughts. But there was a time that don cherry was a gta god so I dunno.

I kind of hate this - what did she accomplish exactly as mayor that she's deserving of such an honour?
To be fair, she served as the Mayor of Mississauga for 36 years, and was crucial to its development and shaping the city as it is today. As obnoxious as I found her "Mississauga is a unique community from Toronto", and the pseudo-nationalism she showed the city, I can at the very least respect the effort Mississauga has put in trying to brand itself as its own part of the GTA - and they have definitely succeeded.

And if I might say something controversial - even though people blast Mississauga for being a car oriented city, it isn't actually that bad as a car oriented city. The streets are fairly wide and fast making travel very quick, and the highways are placed in strategic locations. I don't think I have ever had a bad time going to a friend's house or visiting some convention in Mississauga.

Compare this to Toronto and York Region where they're lacking both as transit cities, and as car cities (especially York Region, transit in Toronto is okay).

While as an outsider I definitely don't like Hazel, its definitely a situation where even if I personally don't like her, I am still able to see while people within the city have so much respect for her, and respect what she did for the city.

Last edited:

Back