Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Hear me out - build the loop, but make it elevated so its a quick detour.
Waste of riders time and money. How long do you think the trip will be for the loop?? Buses see 15 minutes today being off route or more like 20 with the line split now. The 103 save 12 minutes plus bypassing the terminal.

Square One will become something the city doesn't want nor will it meet the goal of the Downtown 21 plan. It will never be the downtown area as long as the white elephant is there. I have no faith in OMERS plans for the area now they have their hands on how it will be built.

You got this huge development at Eglinton that will see more people drive to Cooksville station than use the LRT because it will be faster than the stub line to Sq One and even faster if the dumb loop gets built.

The whole transit Hub is in the wrong location and will never meet the 125,000 riders a day by 2040. Even the new one been looked at will be the same.

Everyone thinks the city revolves around Sq One and MCC.

Waste of riders time and money. How long do you think the trip will be for the loop?? Buses see 15 minutes today being off route or more like 20 with the line split now. The 103 save 12 minutes plus bypassing the terminal.

Square One will become something the city doesn't want nor will it meet the goal of the Downtown 21 plan. It will never be the downtown area as long as the white elephant is there. I have no faith in OMERS plans for the area now they have their hands on how it will be built.

You got this huge development at Eglinton that will see more people drive to Cooksville station than use the LRT because it will be faster than the stub line to Sq One and even faster if the dumb loop gets built.

The whole transit Hub is in the wrong location and will never meet the 125,000 riders a day by 2040. Even the new one been looked at will be the same.

That's why I specified elevating it. There's no way an elevated loop would add 15 minutes. Maybe 5 minutes total depending on the number of stops.

Waste of money sure, but I'd rather see the money spent on elevating it than having a 15-20 minute addition to the travel time.

I get your pessimism but I was hoping the people who bought at eglinton and Hurontario were going to work in new business buildings around square one. Or is Mississauga always going to plan to shuttle people to Toronto?

As always there's a catch where Ontario also needs to come onboard. Good luck convincing them before the next provincial election

I dont want to rain on this guy's parade, but is he familiar with campaign promises? All these parties promise the sun and the moon, until they get into office and conveniently forget half of what they promised.

In other words, dont believe what you see until pen is put to paper and an actual agreement is in place with the governing party.

^ He's standing with the federal candidates from the Liberals, NDP, and Conservatives. There are five ridings in Brampton.

LPC picture, bottom right: 5/5 Brampton LPC candidates are there, plus the Mayor and a City Councillor. NDP picture, top right: four NDP candidates. CPC picture bottom right: three CPC candidates.

I don't see the province funding it as long as Doug Ford is the Premier and Patrick Brown is mayor. Too much bad blood.
Brampton is also a major group of ridings that Doug Ford wants to contest for re-election, and doing something like promising a subway is a tried and tested strategy. Don't forget, we're talking about Doug Ford here...

Just for context, Main LRT would be partially in a tunnel. It wouldn't be the complete route. So if he did give 50% funding for the route that includes the tunnel option, he would also be funding surface LRT, just like he did in Hamilton, signed the contract for Hurontario, and let the contract proceed for Finch West LRT.

^ He's standing with the federal candidates from the Liberals, NDP, and Conservatives. There are five ridings in Brampton.

LPC picture, bottom right: 5/5 Brampton LPC candidates are there, plus the Mayor and a City Councillor. NDP picture, top right: four NDP candidates. CPC picture bottom right: three CPC candidates.

With the federal (and provincial) riding realignment coming up, Brampton will certainly gain an additional seat due to population growth. That will mean six MPs/MPPs up for election in the next federal election and in the 2026 provincial election, possibly with one of those seats shared with Mississauga or Caledon. Mississauga has six seats, and Brampton is catching up, population-wise.

Back