Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

That is not what I saw yesterday driving from the Lakeshore north. Pillions where place around white lines on the east side for the northbound lanes where driveways are and stop south of the QEW eastbound off ramp. Otherwise a good shot of the area and the city.

No work has taken place north of the plaza yet.

They have removed the old stair on the south side of CP overpass and had the sidewalk close off.

Major pinch point haft way between the CP overpass and Fairview where 3 lanes becomes one in the middle of the road to get around the northbound bus platform at Fairview that swing back to the curb lane on the north side of Fairview. All southbound bus stops have platforms in the the southbound lanes from Fairview north to Elm Dr. You are back to 3 lanes north of Elm Dr. No work has yet to start.

For work that was supposed to started in June, the work is running close to 2 months behind schedule

Burnhamthrope intersection was being strung on Friday and waiting to be turn on now. The median on both side of Burnhamthrope still has to be remove and most likely be done when the lights are turn on.

Need to get rid of the right hand turning lane to allow for 2 lanes in each direction like it is north of Eglinton as they are the cause of the backup. Time to get rid of all right hand turns period.

5 more intersections still waiting construction light with 2 others not turn on in Mississauga. No intersection in Brampton has construction lights or work being done for that area.

Topflight Intersection is close.

Counted 7 police cars at the various sites been worked on and the most I seen to date.

More of the Port Credit station pit was being dug and anchor at the south end of the parking lot.

The MOSF has seen a barrier wall pour east of the building in line of the building north side. Grading taking place on the north side and moving east for the yard storage tracks. The building is fully enclose.

More backfilling for the new road that will connect to Kennedy Rd south of the current entrance has been place with more to take place.

Flood walls for Mary Fix Creek, just north of Port Credit GO.
Mary Fix.jpg

They close the walkway from the east and you have to go around to the west end now to use the bridge again to get to/from the station..

The core drilling machine is gone now.

What a difference a week makes compared to my shots taken last Sunday. Temporary bus platforms installed north of Mineola and all the driveways (at least on the east side) have no left turn signs.
DJI_0063.JPG
DJI_0061ce.jpg

After almost 2 month delay, road closure took place as plan.

Getting ready to pour the floor of the tunnel. December is still the time frame for the tunnel to be push under the rail corridor over a few weeks. Once move, work will start on the station.

You need to do a aerial shoot of Mary Fix Creek and the area north of it next to Hurontario as before shot of the area as well up to date shots. The final shot will see the relocation of the roads as well the new one replacing the current one connecting to Hurontario.

Need to shot aerial shoot of the development on Ann St as they close off street shots and very hard to get any shots of it now.

After almost 2 month delay, road closure took place as plan.

Getting ready to pour the floor of the tunnel. December is still the time frame for the tunnel to be push under the rail corridor over a few weeks. Once move, work will start on the station.

You need to do a aerial shoot of Mary Fix Creek and the area north of it next to Hurontario as before shot of the area as well up to date shots. The final shot will see the relocation of the roads as well the new one replacing the current one connecting to Hurontario.

Need to shot aerial shoot of the development on Ann St as they close off street shots and very hard to get any shots of it now.
DJI_0018.JPG

I have photographed the creek a few times, including yesterday, so here ya go.

DJI_0033.JPG

Also from yesterday but it didn't initially make the cut. I'll post it anyhow since i believe it shows the area in question. If this isn't the area or the angle, let me know and I'll try to add it to the mission plan. I'm not clear on the road relocation plan you referenced. Do you have a map of it?

I've got lots of photos of the development on Ann st but generally post them in my own thread or the Westport condo thread. I have some shots from yesterday that I'll post sometime this week.

View attachment 338558

I have photographed the creek a few times, including yesterday, so here ya go.

View attachment 338560
Also from yesterday but it didn't initially make the cut. I'll post it anyhow since i believe it shows the area in question. If this isn't the area or the angle, let me know and I'll try to add it to the mission plan. I'm not clear on the road relocation plan you referenced. Do you have a map of it?

I've got lots of photos of the development on Ann st but generally post them in my own thread or the Westport condo thread. I have some shots from yesterday that I'll post sometime this week.
Thanks

The last photo will show the major difference between what is there now and what it will look like at the end.

As far as I know now, that patch of green to the left of the road to the north will become part of the n-s road relocation so the LRT can get over the bury Mary Fix Creek to Hurontario as well a new road from Hurontario. All the parking spots in this area will be remove.

The road on the north side of the Preto station will be extended over the creek from Hurontario with the current road and bridge being remove where the traffic light are currently located. The new intersection will have traffic lights. The plaza traffic will have to use the new intersection to go south or southbound traffic to it. Right in and out only for northbound.

As a note, that street to the north of the the creek and parking lot in the top photo is supposed to see 17 townhouse at the north end of it.

I pointed out the Westport site as it was wide open when I went to the east coast this month and closed off when I looked at it last Sat while shooting the area. Could not get much and will be that way until it hit grade next year.

The worst is that they will only say that "the plans for this stop are for customers to exit the light rail vehicle, and wait for the signal to cross, before walking across the intersection to the sidewalk on either the east or west side of the street" - that's the case for all but two stops along the line (Port Credit, and Square One). What they aren't even admitting is that pedestrians will then have to cross to the north side of Steeles Avenue - and that 95% of people getting off will be going west to get to the terminal, and not east.

If contracts are carved in stone, and construction is started, why the secrecy with sharing updated drawings with the public?

Maybe I should FOI their asses.

Remember when I said I should FOI Metrolinx?

Well, I did!

Remember when I said I should FOI Metrolinx?

Well, I did!

That 'love' is not for the outcome to date; but for the incredible amount of hardwork; and $ you've put into investigating this further.

Above and beyond the call of duty. Exceedingly informative. My Thanks!

From Sean's piece, which I highly recommend reading in its totality.............one thing stood out that needed to be brought forward here:

1628513369733.png

A turn-of-phrase that I will not post here but but is 2 words the first of which starts with F..............immediately came out of my mouth.

Put simply, I don't find the idea that 75M of additional track/wire etc could cost that much credible.

That 'love' is not for the outcome to date; but for the incredible amount of hardwork; and $ you've put into investigating this further.

From Sean's piece, which I highly recommend reading in its totality.............one thing stood out that needed to be brought forward here:

View attachment 340264

A turn-of-phrase that I will not post here but but is 2 words the first of which starts with F..............immediately came out of my mouth.

Put simply, I don't find the idea that 75M of additional track/wire etc could cost that much credible.
Is this the whole "We know this choice makes more sense but we do not want to reopen the EA" thing again?

View attachment 340264

Agreed that this is a very informative piece.

With regards to your comment about how the addition of 75M of additional track could cost that much, it actually probably isn't far off. With the way these P3 contracts are designed any changes to work that isn't in the initial scope will come at a huge premium. The builder/designer do not have to compete with other companies for the cost so essentially can charge what they want. It's more than just the cost of materials, they would charge for additional design work, review times AND the risk that it could have to delaying their completion time. The last one being the biggest part because if they miss their scheduled completion date then they start racking up interest payments since they are also financing this project.

This is obviously the wrong design and I think everyone involved knows that but it would take the political will and biting the bullet for the additional cost to do something about it (which for the record I think they should) but I don't think the costs are as outrageous as they may initially appear.

With the approach that Metrolinx is taking with Scarborough subway, Eglinton West LRT and the Ontario Line without developing a more detailed design before awarding contracts I foresee incidents' like this happening again and again where we get the cheapest option built because that's all the contract required the contractor to do. Unfortunately this won't be the last time we see the wrong decision get made or we'll pay a premium to have the corrections made.

Agreed that this is a very informative piece.

With regards to your comment about how the addition of 75M of additional track could cost that much, it actually probably isn't far off. With the way these P3 contracts are designed any changes to work that isn't in the initial scope will come at a huge premium. The builder/designer do not have to compete with other companies for the cost so essentially can charge what they want. It's more than just the cost of materials, they would charge for additional design work, review times AND the risk that it could have to delaying their completion time. The last one being the biggest part because if they miss their scheduled completion date then they start racking up interest payments since they are also financing this project.

I would note that the City of Brampton agreed to eat the design costs.

The province can easily agree to begin making its payments on the existing schedule, irrespective of any delay cause at this particular location.
Which really shouldn't be material.

This is obviously the wrong design and I think everyone involved knows that

Agreed.

but it would take the political will and biting the bullet for the additional cost to do something about it (which for the record I think they should) .

On the first part, while it certainly is a political decision as to whether to amend the contract/design, I don't see this is a high burden choice. There are no real opponents to the change, and in a worst case scenario of costs, this is barely a rounding error on the provincial budget.

With the approach that Metrolinx is taking with Scarborough subway, Eglinton West LRT and the Ontario Line without developing a more detailed design before awarding contracts I foresee incidents' like this happening again and again where we get the cheapest option built because that's all the contract required the contractor to do. Unfortunately this won't be the last time we see the wrong decision get made or we'll pay a premium to have the corrections made.

That's a very real concern.

Back