Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I wonder how likely it is that Brampton will get that LRT.
The underground option 0% while Dougie is in power. I doubt they'd even pay for the surface option. I'd say the extension is off the table until a change in government unless Brampton wants to pay for it on their own.

The underground option 0% while Dougie is in power. I doubt they'd even pay for the surface option. I'd say the extension is off the table until a change in government unless Brampton wants to pay for it on their own.
Brampton is historically quite swingy when it comes to provincial elections, so I wouldn't say 0%. The issue that Hamilton had with its LRT is that Hamilton is deep orange, so they would never vote for the PCs anyway, and thus Dougie had no reason to invest any more into that city than he thought he needed to. Meanwhile the areas that hard voted for him like Etobicoke and Scarborough get all of the attention they need. Its just pure politics, nothing more.

I wonder how likely it is that Brampton will get that LRT.
They will get it, but when and how being the question. As long as it stays on the surface, it has a 100% change being paid for by upper level. If Brampton wants it underground, they better open the checkbook as they will not only looking at paying for the tunnel, but the whole thing. It possible upper level may kick in money for the surface section only and some money for the tunnel that would have been use for the surface regardless if 2022 is an election year..

Wonder if Brampton will accept any light-rail through its downtown if they put

BTLogo.png
From link.

on the light rail vehicles and stops? 😄 😄
The primary concern Brampton has with its downtown is that they want a nice walkable environment with bike lanes (which limits the space they have for LRTs since they also don't want to permanently remove cars), and the ability to close off Main Street during weekends for stuff like parades and farmers markets, times where they obviously won't be able to run the LRT. It really has little to do with petty branding disputes.

The primary concern Brampton has with its downtown is that they want a nice walkable environment with bike lanes (which limits the space they have for LRTs since they also don't want to permanently remove cars), and the ability to close off Main Street during weekends for stuff like parades and farmers markets, times where they obviously won't be able to run the LRT. It really has little to do with petty branding disputes.
Say NO to LRTs and save the farmers markets!!!!!

Say NO to LRTs and save the farmers markets!!!!!
Like here's the sad part about all of this. The surface allignment that Brampton is trying to push for is so bad, that they are genuinely better off just spending some money moving the Hurontario LRT north of Steeles, and just painting some bus lanes for improved Zum service. A Main Street LRT that runs in mixed traffic would genuinely be a downgrade.

Brampton is historically quite swingy when it comes to provincial elections, so I wouldn't say 0%. The issue that Hamilton had with its LRT is that Hamilton is deep orange, so they would never vote for the PCs anyway, and thus Dougie had no reason to invest any more into that city than he thought he needed to. Meanwhile the areas that hard voted for him like Etobicoke and Scarborough get all of the attention they need. Its just pure politics, nothing more.
My reasoning is that it seems like Dougie doesn't like Patrick Brown and as long as he is mayor Dougie won't give Brampton anything.

Making cyclists dismount is anti-cycling. The infrastructure should support people riding across the street as is natural.

A safety vest is not really necessary. You should have good lights, reflective tape and a bell.
Surely the idea of dismounting is related to bikes trying to be both pedestrians and street vehicles. If a bike is going to use a crosswalk (or sidewalks) they should be walking their bike. If they are riding their bike on the road on the same manner as a car they wouldn't be expected to dismount.

Surely the idea of dismounting is related to bikes trying to be both pedestrians and street vehicles. If a bike is going to use a crosswalk (or sidewalks) they should be walking their bike. If they are riding their bike on the road on the same manner as a car they wouldn't be expected to dismount.
Pedestrians have to press a button to activate a traffic signal. Autos just have to position themselves over the sensors in the road to do so.

main-qimg-6b5039f28333797d1717b2320d2fcfa7
From link.
Some have overhead sensors. Good luck with that.
main-qimg-334942c74206a245b5a81362667a7f41

Cyclists COULD position themselves over those sensors, but most do not know that. Ontario does not use the proper decals to them that.
sensor-lead-1.jpg
From link.

From today's Council meeting. A preference was indicated, similar to Markham Council for YNSE Option 1 vs 3, but tunnel *and* surface will get to 30% design and results released ideally March 2022 as the "strive goal".

Amended staff recommendation below. Apologies for the closed captioning overlay but you get the point of what transpired.

received_972069036927942.jpeg

Is this for the LRT or the watermain project? From today:

View attachment 331970

@drum118 at the intersection of Prince of Wales and Duke of York.
Would assume watermains, storm-sewers, wastewater-sewers, natural gas lines, communications lines, electrical lines, and any other underground utilities, or utilities that need to be put underground, need to be done now. Hopefully, in the correct places, so they don't have to be dug up again.

Back