Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Well to be fair to Paris, that's in europe where most people drive around in a manual car, and stuff like stop signs are stuff manual drivers want to ideally avoid as much as possible.
Same for cyclists. Coming to a full stop is something to be avoided as much as possible.

I saw lots of STOP signs in France. It was actually a bit amusing, after being used to seeing ARRETE signs in Quebec. However, France is very fond of roundabouts. I can still hear google maps... "In 300m, at the roundabout, take the second exit to continue on Rue de la yadda yadda". You'd hear that every 60 seconds or so.

Well to be fair to Paris, that's in europe where most people drive around in a manual car, and stuff like stop signs are stuff manual drivers want to ideally avoid as much as possible.
Having always driven a standard, I'm a little puzzled by why stop signs would be an impediment.

Having always driven a standard, I'm a little puzzled by why stop signs would be an impediment.
If you stop fully, it's not really an issue. Sure, shifting down to first is annoying, but that's about it. If you don't stop fully, it's actually more annoying, because you either shift down to first and have that shock, or shift to second and ride the clutch a bit. Because of that, the few people I know who drive manuals tend to blow stop signs at considerable speed. Personally, I'm more likely to FULLY stop in a manual than an automatic, because I shift down to first, and I don't want to deal with that shock when engaging the gear.

Last edited:
If you stop fully, it's not really an issue. Sure, shifting down to first is annoying, but that's about it. If you don't stop fully, it's actually more annoying, because you either shift down to first and have that shock, or shift to second and ride the clutch a bit. Because of that, the few people I know who drive manuals tend to blow stop signs at considerable speed. Personally, I'm more likely to FULLY stop in a manual than an automatic, because I shift down to first, and I don't want to deal with that shock when engaging the gear.
Offhand, I don't know what I do. I just do it. It's not like there's any thought involved ... only time that ever starts is when you need to gear down for some special reason (steep hill, or to have extra acceleration available when overtaking or something).

Personally, it's when driving an automatic that stops are annoying to me ... have to use the breaks so much more, rather than just gearing down. I've heard about people with automatics even having to replace break pads occasionally!

Getting back on track, pardon the pun:

DJI_0638.JPG
DJI_0643.JPG

DJI_0641.JPG

This item from the report is unexpected. I thought the line was going to be very “on brand Metrolinx style”.

Branding (Name and Visual Identity Development, Marketing and Launch Events)
In conjunction with the City of Brampton, the HuLRT Project Office retained the creative agency, Barrett and Welsh, to support the cities with a brand name and visual identity development, as well as marketing and launch events support ahead of the opening the LRT system in 2024. As part of the Project Agreement, items such as marketing were assigned to the cities.
Currently, the project team is wrapping up its research phase of the project that will help inform the development of a name of the system, as well as its visual identity such as logo and line number. Development of these items will take place through the summer, and updates will be provided during the process, prior to delivery to Metrolinx in the fall.

Back