Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

So what's that being built there in those pics?

I believe it’s the MSF carhouse? Sadly there’s little in the way of public plans for this site. I’m going to try to go back over the holidays and take pictures from Kennedy Road to get a better perspective of the site. Lots of footing work has occurred so it should be clear how many buildings are going in and where the buildings are located.

But Drum said it's not the carhouse.
I never said the steel wasn't the carhouse. That is the carhouse being built and I posted photos of it on Dec 18 in this thread. One of the photos shows why the carhouse can't go in the Hydro corridor. That is the only location where land is cheap and you can't put other things on it. The Hydro corridor is unusable and the land next to the 407 is for the 407 BRT. That leaves a section between them for the carhouse.

It real hard to get a good view of the site either from Kennedy Rd or the bus loop other than taking a kike to the site through the field. Even with my 300 zoom, it hard to get a real good shot of the area. During the summer I shot the area as it was being graded for footing for the steel columns and that was hard to do as well a good shot of the area. Since it in the middle between Kennedy and Hurontario, you have some extra land to expand the yard and complex if it is needed down the road.

They have the steel up for the office, storage area and work area that doesn't require high ceiling. The tall steel will support trusses that will connect to the north wall and this will be the area where cars are store and work on as needed on the cheep side unlike the Leslie Car Barns complex.

If you look at the site from Kennedy, you will see a drainage system been built for a creek or something and I have no info on it.

Watermain installation at Matheson:
61-watermain-installation-3-e1610124462153.jpg

Going through the photos I shot last year, I noticed I fail to upload my trips on Hurontario from top to bottom as before construction view in both direction. Caught mostly green lights and it still took me 20 minutes to do the trips. This is northbound as southbound is being uploaded slowly by youtube at this time that is a pain compare to the past.

Some median had been removed as will gas lines still being relocated and installed in this video. I try to stay back of vehicles and doing the speed limit.

Will be doing this a number of times until the line is up and running. It will be interesting to see how much the street has change from today when the line opens, but over the next 5 years after the line opens pertaining to new developments.

Some update:

Work for the QEW closure will happen Thanksgiving 2022.

Guideway work will get underway this summer from Top Flight to Matheson with tracks being place in 2022. This will be use to test car like I said it should happen some time ago. Guideway and track work will start north from Port Credit in 2022/23.

Construction of new road and sidewalk to start between June to Dec 2021 for various areas as each phase/zone have their own time frame.

All traffic intersections will be converted by April.

Protection and removal of trees to start July this year.

New retaining wall south of CP tracks to be built west of the current one for the LRT Station. There maybe a few other retaining walls that maybe needs once construction starts in May this year. I expect all the west side from Hillcrest to Fairview will see new retaining wall.

Elevated guideway to get underway in June with tracks in 2022.

Final location of station layout to follow later this year. Need to follow up to see if Steeles stop will be move to the north since since Brampton wants it there now as original plan.

Need to follow backup on the 407 overpass, but work is to take place in 2022.

is the Fairview LRT stop located at Fairview or at Central Parkway?
The last I heard, Central Parkway will be the stop location. Have requested full stop locations as well asked if Steeles will be relocated to the north side as originally plan. Big mistake if not relocated now as we are only talking about 500' of guideway and track. Extra cost added to contract by change order or Brampton picks up the cost since they caused the problem in the first place.

Back