Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Gee!! I guess the folks in Saint Paul and Minneapolis have no objections that their roads have been turn over to Pedestrians and Transit? The Green Line sees 7-9 minute service for 3 car train, with Minneapolis seeing a 3 car train every 5 minutes or less for the Blue/Green Line.
Saint Paul
48691097408_910d565bbe_b.jpg

48691605022_9c9e692316_b.jpg

Minneapolis
48695724931_89d4c2b0e4_b.jpg

48695727576_ef34f032de_b.jpg

University Area
48691426546_cedde346da_b.jpg

48691089903_f6d762a92a_b.jpg
4st and 15th Streets in Downtown St Paul and Downtown Minneapolis are only minor streets which you can probably tell from how dead there are in the pictures. There are one of many such streets, as their names imply. In contrast, Main St is more of the Main street, the major corridor, as its name implies. If the Hurontario-Main LRT were taken off of Main St and onto George St in Downtown Brampton and Brampton was objecting LRT on George St then those examples could be relevant to this thread. Putting the LRT partly on George St is exactly what I was calling for.

With Brampton and Mississauga (45 and 55 million boardings annually), we are talking about systems with a larger number of riders than Minneapolis and St. Paul (80 million boardings annually), and building ROW on a major street, not a side street. Higher volumes of riders and cars and pedestrians compared to Minneapolis and St Paul, and therefore greater potential for conflict.

Nothing really new in this article covering the recent townhall those following this thread wouldn't already be aware of.

Nothing really new in this article covering the recent townhall those following this thread wouldn't already be aware of.

It’s a 450 m walk from Hurontario/Kingsbridge to Hurontario/Eglinton. Come on now. We can’t have stations this closely spaced.

It isn't any different from County Court and Ray Lawson. But there will no connecting bus routes unlike County Court.

There is a very high density all along Hurontario between 403 and Bristol, but only one stop to serve them all. It is a bit unusual. The 19 will have to remain in service for them (and just for them) if there is no LRT station.

450m is pretty typical stop spacing for the Bloor-Danforth line, isn't it? As more and more towers get built, they will need to consider a Ceremonial/Nahini station as well.

Even if everyone in all these dozens of condo and office buildings were willing to walk all the way to Eglinton station, there might not be enough room for them.

Last edited:
Is a private shuttle bus for the community to the stop not feasible?

There wouldn't even be any problem if the City planners would just retain a transit service on Kingsbridge Garden/Elia but apparently they're cancelling the 34 and 7 routes.

Really this is the failing of the city planning. The distance between crosswalks and road width is actually LAUGHABLE.

The signalized intersection of Hurontario and the Mississauga Marketplace plaza is only 250 m from Kingsbridge Garden Circle and only 200 m from Eglinton. This stretch of Hurontario is not lacking for crosswalks.

The transformer concerns are nutty. Field strength drops with the square of the distance so you're more irradiated by the wires in the walls of your home than the transformer on the next lot. Besides that, the magnetic fields are looped in the transformer core so don't propagate outwards, and the electric field is contained by the metal walls of the transformer can. Nice to read that Verster is standing his ground.

Question about the road traffic lanes AFTER the LRT opens. Would the traffic lanes be narrowed to match the new lower speed limits, as part of the pedestrian "Vision Zero"? Or will they be kept wide, for the benefit of speeders doing 100+ km/h?

@W. K. Lis Based on what I know and could be wrong, traffic lanes width will remain as is.

I will say to this group like I have said to Metrolinx from day one as well council that 500 m stop spacing is great if you live on Hurontario in the first place, but a bitch for those who come from the side street that has no bus service or require long walking distance.

Hillcrest stop has a business case for a stop there based on what will happen to all the land around that intersection. Also, Routes 7 and 34 are to be remove in 2020 at this time. Eglinton intersection will see 50% less riders than Hillcrest, but it will see more riders due to a grid bus line.

Like I have challenge both Council and Metrolinx numbers time, I challenge everyone to draw a line of 250 m on either side of the centre of Hurontario and look at the road system for that area to see how long it will take a healthy rider to walk to a stop as well the distance. My new stop is an extra 3 minute walk in good weather. Now, how long will it take a non healthy rider as well people with small kids to do a walk to a stop??

Regardless if limit 19 service remains on Hurontario, it will see 15-20 minutes headway and force riders to transfer at an LRT station to get where they want to go faster than a bus or walk that extra distance. Travel time will increase to "ALL" riders from side streets with current stop locations.

You only got 5 major grid road connecting to the LRT line 7 days a week come 2020.

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone can look around Elia/Kingsbridge and say there is not enough there to warrant an LRT stop. If it doesn't deserve a stop then County Court doesn't either.

1km stop spacing is for the low-density industrial parts. High density portions should be around 500m. To give Kingsbridge/Elia the same treatment as Skyway/Superior makes no sense. You can see TTC subway has variable stop spacing based on density as well, also as low as 500m.

You can see Metrolinx ignoring density also with the Queensway and North Service stations. These stations should be at Paisley and Sherobee instead. There are a huge numbers of apartments along Hurontario south of Dundas but Metrolinx seems intent on building a line that serves as few of these buildings and the people living within them as possible. Gee, I wonder why...

I don't see how anyone can look around Elia/Kingsbridge and say there is not enough there to warrant an LRT stop. If it doesn't deserve a stop then County Court doesn't either.

1km stop spacing is for the low-density industrial parts. High density portions should be around 500m. To give Kingsbridge/Elia the same treatment as Skyway/Superior makes no sense. You can see TTC subway has variable stop spacing based on density as well, also as low as 500m.

You can see Metrolinx ignoring density also with the Queensway and North Service stations. These stations should be at Paisley and Sherobee instead. There are a huge numbers of apartments along Hurontario south of Dundas but Metrolinx seems intent on building a line that serves as few of these buildings and the people living within them as possible. Gee, I wonder why...
Gee, I wonder why...

Meaning...

I agree with the chatter that Kingsbridge should have an LRT stop. After all, if Metrolinx idiotically decided that Ionview (between Birchmount and Kennedy), and Hakimi/Lebovic (between Birchmount and Warden) in Toronto with the Crosstown should have stops, I dont see why Kingsbridge in Mississauga doesnt warrant one.

I agree with the chatter that Kingsbridge should have an LRT stop. After all, if Metrolinx idiotically decided that Ionview (between Birchmount and Kennedy), and Hakimi/Lebovic (between Birchmount and Warden) in Toronto with the Crosstown should have stops, I dont see why Kingsbridge in Mississauga doesnt warrant one.
Crosstown inherits the Transit City design done by the TTC beforehand which had stops there as no nearby bus service would serve those intersection. Miway would likely retain bus service on Kingsbridge/Elia, the area would still have some sort of bus service without a stop. Although ML has the final say, I would think the city and local community didn't push for it. I also don't think a stop at Ionview and Hakimi/Lebovic would add that much time to the line as trains would have to slow down and possibly wait while approaching the intersection. Unless they remove the traffic light and block off the medium, there won't be any major time savings.

Since the whole point of these LRT lines is to target local travels, Ionview, Hakimi/Lebovic and Kingsbridge should all deserve stops as they are located at signalized intersections and ~500m apart. The Lake Shore streetcar would be overkill with stops every 200m in midblock. That would be slowing down service for no good reason.

Back