Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Extending John street should make a big improvement getting in and out of this station. Currently there are only two points along Hillcrest Ave.
It will easy the gridlock in the parking lot some what, but will still create gridlock on Hurontario even more when the traffic lanes get reduce to 2 from current 3.

Where rest of the development for the site and another example how Metrolinx waste land for development with parking structures.

It will easy the gridlock in the parking lot some what, but will still create gridlock on Hurontario even more when the traffic lanes get reduce to 2 from current 3.

Where rest of the development for the site and another example how Metrolinx waste land for development with parking structures.
Is the bit I have marked in yellow here, roughly where the new station and parking structure will be?

Attachments

• Capture cookesville go.PNG
    Capture cookesville go.PNG
    148 KB · Views: 170
Is the bit I have marked in yellow here, roughly where the new station and parking structure will be?
I know that and the area is supposed to over the the existing condos.

What I am saying, where is the development plan as to what is supposed to be built there and who is going to do it?? It will have to be built in phases with new retail along Hurontario.

It will be interesting to see if the new walkway bridge is built at this time or when they rebuilt RR bridge to 4 tracks for the LRT.

I know that and the area is supposed to over the the existing condos.

What I am saying, where is the development plan as to what is supposed to be built there and who is going to do it?? It will have to be built in phases with new retail along Hurontario.

It will be interesting to see if the new walkway bridge is built at this time or when they rebuilt RR bridge to 4 tracks for the LRT.
I was asking a question about the part I marked in yellow....if (as I understand it) the new station building and parking strucutre are taking up that part (correct me if I am wrong) not only are they not announcing any other parts of the development (as you point out) they are not leaving very much attractive land to develop.....in other words, if they are taking up the part in yellow building parking and a station building all they are leaving for future development is the bit on Hillcrest between the "yellow" and the multi res buildings already there towards confederation......not exactly the most compelling piece of development land.

How long till the RFP goes out?
Depends on how fast they want to move on short listing the proponents, the RFP is issued only to those who make the short list. For the Finch West LRT the short list and RFP was issued almost 6 months after the RFQ was issued. Hurontario's RFQ was issued in mid-October, so hopefully come March or April we see who is shortlisted and will be submitting proposals.

This project should be on track for ground breaking just before the next provincial election and therefore unstoppable without major financial penalties.

To be clear, the first step was a Request for Qualifications (RFQ). This was the timeline in the RFQ:

1. Issue RFQ: October 18, 2016
  2. Deadline for responses: January 26, 2017
  3. Targeted date of Prequalified Parties: April 2017
  4. Targeted date for insurance of RFP: May 2017
  5. RFP closed: Winter 2018
  6. Financial Close: Spring 2018
  7. Revenue Service Availability: End of 2022

Depends on how fast they want to move on short listing the proponents, the RFP is issued only to those who make the short list. For the Finch West LRT the short list and RFP was issued almost 6 months after the RFQ was issued. Hurontario's RFQ was issued in mid-October, so hopefully come March or April we see who is shortlisted and will be submitting proposals.

This project should be on track for ground breaking just before the next provincial election and therefore unstoppable without major financial penalties.

Brampton Gateway Terminal (Hurontario/Steeles) concept plan released. View attachment 97943

Also, they may be approving the procurement process for the Hurontario Alternatives LRT EA at the same meeting. This link, at page 61.

First of all I have to admire how un-pedestrian friendly roads are in Brampton, with their obscene amount of traffic lanes, turn lanes and wide curb radii. Brampton is getting a light rail line and yet they're trying their best to remain stuck in the past.

Ideally the station should have been placed on the north side of the intersection, where it would have been right across from the bus terminal, Shoppers World, and where there's more development potential. But because Brampton Council bungled it up and still haven't decided how to extend the LRT to the city centre, the Steeles stop design must accommodate all the shitty alternative routes that city staff soundly rejected instead of focusing on more important considerations. Apparently a tunnel on Main St is not one of the route options anymore. Great.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.50.03 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.50.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.50.03 AM.png
    687.9 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

Back