Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Not sure why Canadian are always happy to see their companies go down in the flames. Not that I have anything against American or European companies, but they support their businesses and don't want to see them fail. Only Canada sabotages its own companies. Although to be fair, the Bombardier controlling family is doing a pretty good job of it on their own, and they should get their fair share of the blame.
I'll gladly support Canadian companies, but at the end of the day they still need to deliver.

I'll gladly support Canadian companies, but at the end of the day they still need to deliver.

They are delivering. Just slowly.

There's no way to know if another vendor could have supplied the LRVs any quicker.

In my (admittedly small) experience with RFPs, things get delayed on the client side and on the vendor side. The delays on something as complicated as an LRV don't really surprise me.

They are delivering. Just slowly.

There's no way to know if another vendor could have supplied the LRVs any quicker.

In my (admittedly small) experience with RFPs, things get delayed on the client side and on the vendor side. The delays on something as complicated as an LRV don't really surprise me.

Exactly just because they are able to do a smaller order doesn't mean they would be able to do the TTC order. Nobody right now is ordering as many cars as the TTC and Metrolinks are. It's understandable that there would be delays.

Was told at tonight meeting that the layout of the maintenance complex will be adjusted to suite the 407 BRT as well having provision for a Future so call Missing Link that will have 2 tracks.

The current location was shifted from the Hurontario area to the east to allow for the 407 BRT station. There is supposed to be an EA out for the 407 between Hurontario and 427, but haven't seen or heard a thing on it.

The ward councilor asked if a smaller yard could be built in Port Credit (PC) or on line to the south. What is meant as a small yard is open ended, but there is no land in Port Credit to hold anything more than 2 cars overnight at PC station. Other than Dundas E, there is no place for a small yard to deal with the dead heading before or after end of service.

Turnout was small.

Plans are still been worked on how bus service will operate on Hurontario once the LRT goes into service due walking distance between stops. May go into Sq One or bypass it like the 103 does today.

I noticed a few errors on the boards and staff is hoping to make the change for tomorrow meeting.

All the councilors will be taking a field trip to Kitchener next week to have a look at ION LRT system and do some learning that will help with their LRT lines.

Good to see a clarifying post that the bypass tracks (aka "The Missing Link") can fit adjacent to the maintenance complex. Although I note from slide 9 here from the September Metrolinx Board meeting, it was stated that the tracks would increase to up to six. So I assume they would have to leave room for four more.

Was told at tonight meeting that the layout of the maintenance complex will be adjusted to suite the 407 BRT as well having provision for a Future so call Missing Link that will have 2 tracks.

The current location was shifted from the Hurontario area to the east to allow for the 407 BRT station. There is supposed to be an EA out for the 407 between Hurontario and 427, but haven't seen or heard a thing on it.

The ward councilor asked if a smaller yard could be built in Port Credit (PC) or on line to the south. What is meant as a small yard is open ended, but there is no land in Port Credit to hold anything more than 2 cars overnight at PC station. Other than Dundas E, there is no place for a small yard to deal with the dead heading before or after end of service.

Turnout was small.

Plans are still been worked on how bus service will operate on Hurontario once the LRT goes into service due walking distance between stops. May go into Sq One or bypass it like the 103 does today.

I noticed a few errors on the boards and staff is hoping to make the change for tomorrow meeting.

All the councilors will be taking a field trip to Kitchener next week to have a look at ION LRT system and do some learning that will help with their LRT lines.

The maintenance complex will be design and layout by who every win the contract.

They must allow for the 407 BRT and 4 track for the bypass line if it gets built. The 407 BRT design will allow for a station at Hurontario as well an 407 LRT station left off the presentation boards.

As to the LRV's, that will be left to the bidders and they will have an option of going pans or battery. The LRV supplier will have to supplier various option as well a 30 year comparison plan going pans vs battery to see which will be the best option to be put into the bid.

Brampton City staff recently provided an update to some residents who had questions about the next steps in the HMLRT alternatives process. I can't find at the moment the URL where I got this but in the meantime here's [http://bit.ly/2fQR8cq] the PDF file that's been split to the relevant section.

I am curious. How well known and popular is this LRT in Mississauga?

What's the risk of it being cancelled under the Tories?

My brother lives off Hurontario, near Square One. He didn't know much until I told him about it. That to me does not bode well for the future.

Back