Hurontario LRT | Metrolinx

bangkok

Member Bio
Reaction score
DJI_0574.JPG

afransen

Member Bio
Reaction score
Maybe had Brampton had their act together, the Federal government would have made it rain on their LRT extension today.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Further on this, there was a Council workshop on downtown Brampton on Friday and the materials reference LRT on Main.

If you notice on the Downtown plan that they are calling for 4 tracks west of the Brampton Station and 3 tracks short turn for the station and east of the station.

I am assuming they are looking at 4 tracks in place of the 3 before moving the corridor to 4 tracks 100% something I have been calling for close to 20 years. One hopes the new Brampton Terminal allows for this 4th track that will most likely be on the north side.

crs1026

Member Bio
Reaction score
^Which presumably means the heritage-designated train station will be removed or relocated eventually.

- Paul

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
so the platforms are only being built for single length LRVs? I had in my head that platforms would be able to accommodate double length.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
so the platforms are only being built for single length LRVs? I had in my head that platforms would be able to accommodate double length.
The light rail vehicles will be approximately 30m in length. The platforms will be approximately 90 m in length, or about three LRV's. However, they will be able to shorten the platforms based on ridership, starting with two vehicle lengths.

Haydenpoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
The light rail vehicles will be approximately 30m in length. The platforms will be approximately 90 m in length, or about three LRV's. However, they will be able to shorten the platforms based on ridership, starting with two vehicle lengths.
The Hurontario LRT will be using Alstom Citadis Spirit, which is 48 m long.