Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

So no TSP here unless the LRT is running behind schedule. Surprise surprise. I would have hoped for even some sort of weak TSP that doesn't provide absolute priority but shaves seconds here and there off light cycles to prioritize the LRT.

There are also nine designated bilingual regions in this province, including Greater Toronto. And maybe you can explain for us why seeing French is "kind of dumb."

The GTA isn't bilingual in a real sense, so that in itself makes designating it as a bilingual region silly.

And most in society outside the UT crowd realize that.

The government of Ontario is bilingual, although the province technically isn't.

Why would the government be bilingual if the province isn't? Bilingualism in Ontario should be applied on a where-numbers- warrant basis.

Last edited:
The GTA isn't bilingual in a real sense, so that in itself makes designating it as a bilingual region silly.
And most in society outside the UT crowd realize that.
Why would the government be bilingual if the province isn't? Bilingualism in Ontario should be applied on a where-numbers- warrant basis.
The GTA actually has more francophones than most of the designated bilingual regions in the province for the record. The government is bilingual to ensure minority language access is universal to provincial services. The same reason that Radio-Canada exists on the Canadian west or you can get CBC Radio in Quebec City.

I'm trying to understand why people are upset about bilinguality on the transit projects. I mean the province (Metrolinx) is literally making these projects, and so what? They might not be helpful to people who only know English but Francophones will appreciate it. I think it's really cool!
Probably because most people in Ontario don't really see it as being necessary for their day to day commute. It just ends up making anoncnemts longer then they need to be.

Probably because most people in Ontario don't really see it as being necessary for their day to day commute. It just ends up making anoncnemts longer then they need to be.
Oh okay, so the French language distracts commuters from their best efforts in looking out the window or staring out of their phone while desperately avoiding making eye contact with anyone near them.

At the end of the day, even if you are strangely, but proudly unilingual, how does bilingual signage affect anyone waiting for an LRT at Dundas & Hurontario? If anything, just shrug your shoulders and think "well, that's a cool Canadian quirk."

Last edited:
French is pretty irrelevant in Peel/Sauga (even in Toronto, let's be real). But it's also an irrelevant concern to be annoyed about bilingual LRT signs. We're getting mass transit, FFS! Let's acknowledge and celebrate this most rare of occasions. Really missing the forest for the trees here, folks.

Oh okay, so the French language distracts commuters from their best efforts in looking out the window or staring out of their phone while desperately avoiding making eye contact with anyone near them.
I wouldn't say it's a distraction. Apparently the reason why Metrolinx added it to go transit is because they got a compliant from someone who said that since all of the announcements were only in English they found it impossible to use or something like that because they only understood french. So because of that everything that Metrolinx is now building is now in both languages.

I wouldn't say it's a distraction. Apparently the reason why Metrolinx added it to go transit is because they got a compliant from someone who said that since all of the announcements were only in English they found it impossible to use or something like that because they only understood french. So because of that everything that Metrolinx is now building is now in both languages.

Works two ways. Wouldn't people from Ontario like to visit Montréal or Québec (or Europe or Asia) and be able to read some of informational signs in English.

From the City of Brampton Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) document where Ministers are pitched.

1598046958456.png

1598047013044.png

I may have missed the boat, but has there been any discussion of using battery technology to make the Brampton section wire-free? This is surely going to be a requirement for parts of the Gatineau-Ottawa link that is being planned to the northeast.

I shot them over a week ago and are shown above. The west side was more advanced than the east side when I shot them. The west side piers are now been form. Still have to build the bridge support on the north/south side before you can start the frame support for protect over 407.

By the time the extension is built to Brampton Downtown, most of the board will be gone and never have a chance to ride it. Too many red flags, considering you only need to dust off the old EA and update it under TRAP in 6 months.

During this time, an RFP put out for the designing of the extension that would close around the EA approval. 1 year to produce the tender package with final design work or go to the PP3 market for the extension. 6-12 months for bidding on it. 2 years to construct the line and be open.

We should be riding the line by 2025. At the rate of things, it could be 2040+ not 2030.

If it goes to the PP3 market, the current team building the line could end up not been low bidder. Going to the PP3 market will have to exclude the operation of the line and for maintenance only.

Back