Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

OMG look what it’s doing to that building behind it!?

That's architecture for you.

See link.

DSC_6685%2B-%2BVersion%2B2.JPG

Attachments

• Renderings-Fall-HuLRT-open-house-page-005.jpg
    Renderings-Fall-HuLRT-open-house-page-005.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 358
  • Renderings-Fall-HuLRT-open-house-page-005.jpg
    Renderings-Fall-HuLRT-open-house-page-005.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 363
  • Renderings-Fall-HuLRT-open-house-page-006.jpg
    Renderings-Fall-HuLRT-open-house-page-006.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 368
  • Renderings-Fall-HuLRT-open-house-page-011.jpg
    Renderings-Fall-HuLRT-open-house-page-011.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,303
Cooksville is disappointing without that connection to the GO station.
what can they do in this case? I think the only real solution is make the bridge wider and put a stair from the center platform up to it. That will open a can of worms however with AODA so they will be crying for an elevator.

what can they do in this case? I think the only real solution is make the bridge wider and put a stair from the center platform up to it. That will open a can of worms however with AODA so they will be crying for an elevator.

Spend a little money where money should be spent instead of building a massive parking garage.

Spend a little money where money should be spent instead of building a massive parking garage.

The parking garage will more than pay for itself by allowing Metrolinx to sell some of the surface parking space to land developers. Most of it will end up as condos few years from now.

Cooksville is disappointing without that connection to the GO station.

It is, but it also may not be an easy problem to solve. The GO platform is on the north side of the railway tracks, and the LRT platform is on the south.

I don't think that there's a requirement for every single access to be accessible, just that there is an accessible access. Which in theory wouldn't preclude a staircase from the LRT to the GO platform. Provided, of course, it wasn't a big deal to do - it's omission may indicate that it is, however.

Dan

It is, but it also may not be an easy problem to solve. The GO platform is on the north side of the railway tracks, and the LRT platform is on the south.
I don't think that there's a requirement for every single access to be accessible, just that there is an accessible access. Which in theory wouldn't preclude a staircase from the LRT to the GO platform. Provided, of course, it wasn't a big deal to do - it's omission may indicate that it is, however.

Dan
There was to be a bridge over Hurontario that was to connect the platform to the LRT platform as well to both sidewalks with elevators, but was removed from the project due to cost.

This bridge was to be built by the City long before the LRT was to be built and how it ended up in the LRT plan was most likely done in the backroom. With the LRT in the picture, an elevator was required to meet AODA requirements. If there are stairs involved, an elevator is required. If one goes to the E Condos at Eglinton & Yonge, they will find a lift beside the 7 step stair at the north entrance. Seen a few like this elsewhere.

There was talks that the current bridge was going to be rebuilt to allow for 4 tracks in place of the current 2 as well fix the issues with the sidewalk tunnels as part of the LRT construction. That has been moved to the expansion of the Milton Line now.

Isn't the entire are surrounding Cooksville GO slated for redevelopment? Including multi-storey parking garages and mixed-use development?

That should make the transfer between Hurontario and Cooksville GO at least more bearable.

Back