Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Will they still run the 19 bus? South of the QEW there's only one stop before ending at Port Credit.
As far as I know, the currents stops for 19 will remain once the LRT line opens. Talks see the 19 running every 15-20 minute, but not set at this time.

As far as I know, the currents stops for 19 will remain once the LRT line opens. Talks see the 19 running every 15-20 minute, but not set at this time.
I assume what gets eliminated is the 103.....replaced by the LRT and the 19 remains to provide local service.

Single story?
I have not seen any renderings but I would suspect it will be single storey with very high ceilings.
And now I have seen renderings (along with another 133k s.f. that will be on the same site...sorry for the quality (phone photo of a newspaper insert).

Happy to report that the Hurontario LRT has full approval to proceed, but requires some fund cutting. I can't speak to the various major changes until the Ministry of MTO approves the changes. I love one of the proposed changes.

No time frame as to when the tender will close and be awarded, until the changes are approved. Construction will see full start up in 2020 and the opening in 2023, subject to the winning bidder. Some construction could happen this fall.

The new community office at Dundas and Hurontario still in the process of being sitting with security being install first before the IT and a wall screen, but a nice hangout now. Will have signs and logos that you can't miss the office. There is another in Brampton.

The plan is to have a haft of a mock-up car on display at City Hall on July 1st. The car used in Ottawa is being used for training and not able to be put on display.

Cars will be ship by truck from the Brampton Plant to the new yard at 50 m long.

The City still hasn't come up with a new plan for relocating the current Transit Terminal to the north side, but that site is the 2nd busy terminal for GO in the system and starting to take a run at the Union Terminal numbers. Not my words, but Metrolinx.

Sir Lou station will be known as County Court, Dundas as Dundas & Hurontario and Eglinton as Eglinton & Hurontario.

11 project under construct with 19 complete and another 19 still to be done for relocation and upgrading things in the corridor.

I expect both Hamilton and Finch are also approved as well.

Let me guess. You love the idea of removing the city Centre loop.

Happy to report that the Hurontario LRT has full approval to proceed, but requires some fund cutting. I can't speak to the various major changes until the Ministry of MTO approves the changes. I love one of the proposed changes.
Please let it be eliminating the mad loop around the mall! ;)

Please let it be eliminating the mad loop around the mall! ;)
I disagree, how will people who live in all the new condo developments like M City and Parkside Village access transit? Sheridan College is too far from Hurontario to walk, as are the Civic Centre, Living Arts Centre and Central Library.

I disagree, how will people who live in all the new condo developments like M City and Parkside Village access transit? Sheridan College is too far from Hurontario to walk, as are the Civic Centre, Living Arts Centre and Central Library.
How do other people in other cities who live a bit off the path of rapid transit lines connect to those lines?

That's a strong argument for a high frequency neighbourhood circulator route. If the TTC autonomous shuttle program works out, that would be a good candidate for this neighbourhood and ditch the railway loop.

Last edited:
They can use Route 26 to get to the LRT, Route 28 and 91 to get to Cooksville GO Station. You got Route 20 from/to Hurontario to/from Sheridan College. Then there are other routes one can use

Why should most riders be force to spend an extra 10-15 minute travel time using the loop to save extra walking time for a small number??

If people can't spend 5-15 minute walking time to get to/from where they want to go to/from in the first place and they need to use transit to do so, they are very lazy and heading for health problems.

I guess you never been to Europe to see the extra walking time and how things are done over there??

They can use Route 26 to get to the LRT, Route 28 and 91 to get to Cooksville GO Station. You got Route 20 from/to Hurontario to/from Sheridan College. Then there are other routes one can use

Why should most riders be force to spend an extra 10-15 minute travel time using the loop to save extra walking time for a small number??

If people can't spend 5-15 minute walking time to get to/from where they want to go to/from in the first place and they need to use transit to do so, they are very lazy and heading for health problems.

I guess you never been to Europe to see the extra walking time and how things are done over there??

Drum are you confirming the loop likely is gone?

In addition, you'd also lose the connection to the GO Transit & MiWay bus terminal, which to me sounds like a major fail in Metrolinx's mandate for an "integrated transportation system" unless they relocate the whole terminal. Sure I wasn't a big fan of the loop either, but the way some members here completely dismiss these concerns (it's "only a small number of people", or "they should just take a walk and stop being lazy") strikes me as ignorant. Unless there are some alternative solutions in the works to mitigate some of this, my feelings toward this are mixed.

Last edited:
I have always been against the loop through MCC. The City Centre/Square One terminal is located where it is for the transitway, and Hurontario already intersects with transitway directly. Putting LRT on Rathburn would interfere with bus operations, not only the transitway buses but also the buses connecting to them, and that was the whole point the City Centre terminal to begin with. And of course diverting trains off of Hurontario would interfere with those passengers as well.

Hurontario LRT should serve Hurontario first and foremost. If there needs to be improvements for transit riders on Confederation, that can easily be done with the Confederation/McLaughlin buses. The 28 and 66 should have been combined a long time ago. With 28 and 66 united, these people will not even need to the use the LRT. Otherwise we might as well cancel those buses if we pretend they don't exist.

Back