Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

^ I know there has been some criticism of the Viva BRT rapidways because of the lack of frequency. How do the proposed headways/frequency on the Hurontario LRT compare to those frequencies? Anyone know?

^ I know there has been some criticism of the Viva BRT rapidways because of the lack of frequency. How do the proposed headways/frequency on the Hurontario LRT compare to those frequencies? Anyone know?
The power to be fear operation issues if every other car stay on Hurontario than use the loop. Based on my data years ago, 55% of riders use Sq 1 to PC section and that was before Zum came into the picture. Based on my experience using 103 and looking at Zum, the ridership is the opposite or about 50/50. Very rare I use Zum from Sq 1 to Gateway, but do north of Gateway.

Until 103 headway was reduced to 10 minutes, ridership was low. Today, you can see crush loads at various time from/to Dundas and Gateway Terminal. Going south of Dundas, ridership falls off starting at Dundas to the Queensway and poor south of it. Its also why every 2nd 19 goes south of Queensay these days.

^ Thanks, but what's the proposed Hurontario LRT frequency?
Talk is about 5-10 minutes and it will be based on the operator. It will also be base on operator cost yearly as well how much money the city is willing to support it. The city still has to cover 19 operating cost or what every number is use that will see longer headways than today.

Once a headway is agreed to it, it will remain that way until there is no more capacity on a 3 car train. Thats 10-15 years down the road.

^ Thanks. 5-10 minutes sounds better than I what I think the some portions of the Viva Rapidways provide.

^ Thanks. 5-10 minutes sounds better than I what I think the some portions of the Viva Rapidways provide.
I wouldn't be surprise to see 10 minute from day one considering one car could handle the ridership easy. You are only looking at 1,300 at peak time between Dundas and Sq 1 now. Can't say what the ridership is between Sq 1 and Brampton is today, since I don't use Zum and very rare use a 19 or 103 these days.

I wouldn't be surprise to see BBD bidding to be an operator of the line.

S0 the dust has now settled on the municipal election in Brampton. A quick summary (open to corrections):

- Linda lost and Patrick won
- in the last term, Linda sometimes faced a 6-5 or 7-4 vote against her on key issues (the 5 and 4 included her vote)
- Patrick now faces that situation where including his vote he has 5 votes but there are 6 others members of Council who were supportive of Linda

LRT north of Steeles:
- Linda vowed to cancel the EA for the Main Street alternatives. By implication, it was assumed that she would ask the Province to fund LRT on Main and highlighted the need to have a fast (my word) connection to the Ryerson campus at the Brampton GO Station (more on that in a moment). This EA is scheduled to make it's final recommendation for Council to vote on in the Spring of 2020.
- Patrick was against the Main Street alignment and kept mentioning the Figure 8 Loop which was an idea from Larry Beasley's Vision 2040 report. See this Bramptonist article for a copy of the map. This route was also promoted by the business lobby group in Brampton called "New Brampton". Also, Bill Davis lives on Main Street and endorsed Patrick.

Ryerson:
- yesterday, the Province cancelled the new Ryerson campus that would have been located on the parking lot of the Brampton Station. Post here by Sean Marshall.
- Metrolinx had already started purchasing properties to the south side of the station that would have assisted with replacement parking while construction was taking place.

Given all of this, what predictions do folks have on what happens next for LRT in Brampton north of Steeles? Given the Province seems to be pulling back funding on a number of things province-wide, what does this mean for any prospect of Patrick getting LRT funding for Brampton? Does this negatively impact the case for the Province to do the $2.25B freight bypass plan? Given the non-Main LRT routes are more expensive than the other ones, does that impact their chances of getting funding given the spending restraint by the Province? Those are the 'open questions' I could think of.

Metrolinx had already started purchasing properties to the south side of the station that would have assisted with replacement parking while construction was taking place.

I think ML has already purchased all of the properties that they plan to purchase for the parking and I don't think that parking was just for during the construction of the university campus I think it was earmarked to be a permanent replacement (as most of the existing main parking lot would have been permanently lost to the university).

What interests me is a) how much money ML was receiving for selling the parking lot to the university project (ie. how much of the province's $90MM was just going from one provincial pocket to the other) and b) without that transfer, does ML have the money to build anything on the land they have purchased (or is Brampton going to have boarded up houses in its DT for the forseable future).

As for the future of the LRT, I think it stops at Steeles.......I see it going nowhere after that.

What interests me is a) how much money ML was receiving for selling the parking lot to the university project (ie. how much of the province's $90MM was just going from one provincial pocket to the other) and b) without that transfer, does ML have the money to build anything on the land they have purchased (or is Brampton going to have boarded up houses in its DT for the forseable future).

Good question. And I guess we'll not get the answer, for a long, long time. Unless the PCs flip-flop and decide next year, or closer to the end of their mandate, to rive the plan. Or, someone files a FOI.

Nothing comes next. People complained that the main street section was not going to be tunneled. now after years of circular debate you have no concrete direction plus a cut cut cut premier

Some, not all, argued it should be tunneled. Ironically the new Premier likes tunnels. What I didn't mention is that not only did Patrick say he wanted the Figure 8 LRT loop, he also implied that maybe even subways would be needed. I believe it was in one of the debates.

Nothing comes next. People complained that the main street section was not going to be tunneled. now after years of circular debate you have no concrete direction plus a cut cut cut premier

More like nothing for the next 4-8 years. Next campaign season we're going to be so near completing a lot of projects that I suspect the Premier will be in the mood to fund some things, and if he ends up with two terms, well, thats long enough that all bets are off.

Gonna be a long term though.

Given all of this, what predictions do folks have on what happens next for LRT in Brampton north of Steeles? Given the Province seems to be pulling back funding on a number of things province-wide, what does this mean for any prospect of Patrick getting LRT funding for Brampton? Does this negatively impact the case for the Province to do the $2.25B freight bypass plan? Given the non-Main LRT routes are more expensive than the other ones, does that impact their chances of getting funding given the spending restraint by the Province? Those are the 'open questions' I could think of.
Even though Brampton is under the boot at this moment, your questions apply to the entire GTHA region.

I could see the Thug questioning how and what was going to be taught at the three educational institutions now defunded provincially, but that would be too nuanced for the man. There's no question that Ontario must invest in a changing economy, and education is a huge part of that.

What I find disturbing is how the Boot is now showing how big it is at Globe and Mail comment sections. It's no use Cdns thinking we're so much better than the US due to their Trumpism. It's happening right here in Canada, Ontario in this specific instance.

I know many are clinging to the hope that Metrolinx projects will just continue on their merry little way (a whole lot of promises, a whole lot less action) and I wrote some cruel things on the Hamilton LRT in another string. Not cruel because I like dissing what should/could be an excellent project (with caveats in detail of course) but because it's *predictable* with the present regime in QP will slash and burn wherever possible, if it suits their ideological bent.

What's astounding is that so many believe silence indicates status-quo proceeding. It doesn't! The Cons would be proclaiming from the yet-to-be-built rooftops their intentions to build, albeit with a closer eye on the books if it were otherwise.

There's only one hope I see to stopping the madness at QP (and I'm from a family of Conservatives, father was an elected Con Rep in the UK). And that's business coming out in force (and I don't mean the knee-jerk anti-tax right wing reactionaries that pass as business acumen) and stating the *need for investment in tomorrow's institutions*! It is already happening to a degree, it must become a tidal wave.

Does this negatively impact the case for the Province to do the $2.25B freight bypass plan?
A distinctly separate point of discussion, but also completely germain to this and many other GO/VIA strings.

With the 'public interface' this present regime is displaying, I don't see any kind of a leadership role for QP, and by extension, Metrolinx, even though the file is theirs.

It will be for the Feds to deal directly with the municipalities involved and the Class 1s, along with private investors, to work out an arrangement. The Feds can assert complete jurisdiction over this by existing Acts. Until this Ford Nation regime demonstrates itself as being capable and willing to act in rational interests, even business will be reticent dealing with them.

Back