Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Thank-you for the update, drum118.

This Saturday,

"Media Advisory - Provincial candidates in Mississauga Centre to explain how they'll get an LRT station for Kingsbridge"
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...an-lrt-station-for-kingsbridge-684034291.html

I am trying to get an answer as to why the Eginton stop can't be on the south side.

The plan is for it to be on the north side.

Putting it on the south side would help the people on Kingsbridge.

Thank-you for the update, drum118.

This Saturday,

"Media Advisory - Provincial candidates in Mississauga Centre to explain how they'll get an LRT station for Kingsbridge"
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...an-lrt-station-for-kingsbridge-684034291.html

I am trying to get an answer as to why the Eginton stop can't be on the south side.

The plan is for it to be on the north side.

Putting it on the south side would help the people on Kingsbridge.
I forgot to post that release.

More cars going north than south turning left is the reason for the north side.

Where some stops should be and where they has been an issue from day one. More riders use Elm stops than Central Parkway, with 4 new towers coming compare to only one at Central Parkway, yet no stop for Elm and a extra 3 minute walk by most riders to either CP or Burnhamthrope.

Very small turn out on Sat that saw pancakes & coffee been given away. Did not hang around for the candidate debate.

The team has an office in the office complex and will remain open until the line is built or when a stop is finally approve for Kingsbridge. They have also done their homework and have trip Metrolinx up a number of times on their own reports.

What struck me was the data that 1,000 people along Kingsbridge use transit daily and over 1,000 accessibly people visited the accessibly office in the office complex monthly. The area as a whole has 12,000 residents at this time and over 2 million sq ft of development is plan for the current vacant land. That is more than what been plan at Eglinton and its getting at stop. I have never looked at the ridership data over the decade for Kingsbridge like I have for Hurontario.

Having a stop too close to the 403 is a joke, since there is a stop plan for at the QEW that is 3/4 closer to it than Kingsbridge will every be if built. Regardless of which option is used to take the LRT over the 403, it will have no impact on the Kingsbridge stop, north of Kingsbridge.

Its also strange that Metrolinx is moving the power sub station from the 403 lands onto the plaza site now.

Where stations are place or not for this corridor defy logic or common sense, with Kingsbridge being one of the not ones. Ahhh!!! buses will still be running after the line is open, but will require riders to spend extra travel time as well doing extra transferring in the face of making transit walkable for everyone.

I will do my fighting for the stop at my level and everyone keep the fight up to make sure the stop does get built after the tender close.

I guess Metrolinx is clueless regarding change orders??? A stop can be added after tender is awarded by away of a change order. The change order will be for building the platforms and changes to traffic lights since tracks have to be built there, with an impact on traffic lights in the first place.

The developer for the plaza went bankrupt before building the plan tower at 30 Kingsbridge, since there is no 30 Kingsbridge and the signs say there is. I see 1/2 towers for this site with everything moving to Hurontario as a mid rise.

Drum118, do we know what the 4 approved options for going over the hwy403 are?
I asked that question a week ago and got the run around.

All of them will have a bridge over the 403 on the west side and have different ways connecting to Hurontario at both end. From what was been said, a flyover while take place from the north end of the bridge to Hurontario at various locations. One option for the south end would see something the same with the Rathburn connection been elevated to meet the south connection. Another option would have the line joining Rathburn at grade at City Centre drive, with Rathburn joining Hurontario as proposed. No idea on the other options.

The north end flyover would be a good option since it wouldn't interfere with southbound traffic and access to the 403. The bottom of the flyover will have to be at least 16' above grade and need about 400' to get to grade at 5% grade. Even if you go less % grade, still leaves room for a Kingsbridge stop.

If you have a flyover at the south end, the ramp would have start sloping south of Sq One Dr and there should be enough room to get to grade at Robert Speck or could keep it elevated to south of Robert Speck.

That the best I can get at this time and will try to see if I can get a plan of all the options.

Construction to start 2019, with line open late 2022. There is a change it could go into 2023.
I'm sitting here at my desk at Hurontario, near the Port Credit GoStation, and there's no sign of construction, other than what appears to be sewer pipe moves. Can they really have this thing done in less than five years from now?

I'm sitting here at my desk at Hurontario, near the Port Credit GoStation, and there's no sign of construction, other than what appears to be sewer pipe moves. Can they really have this thing done in less than five years from now?
The consortium hasn't been chosen yet so it should be no surprise that construction hasn't started yet. The deadline is late 2022 and there will be fines for any delays which should disincentivize the consortium from delaying the project

There is no reason for it to not be done in that time frame, as it been done in the US in the past 10 years on longer lines.

There is major work taking place at Cooksville Station area, Burnhamthrope to 403 as well west of Hurontario. More to take place this fall.

All utilities must be move and upgraded by construction time alone the whole corridor and no work in the corridor until 2032. If anything is plan to take place between 2021-2032, it must be done before 2019.

You are to have a tunnel at your end and construction on the PC parking structure is suppose to start this year, but more like 2019.

There should be at least 5 areas seeing construction at the same time.

Contract hasn't been awarded yet and a few months off.

Kingsbridge is only 400m Away from Eglinton, which is very close for stop spacing. Do we really need to have 2 stops there? Especially if Metrolinx can be convinced to build the Eglinton stop on the south side?

Kingsbridge is only 400m Away from Eglinton, which is very close for stop spacing. Do we really need to have 2 stops there? Especially if Metrolinx can be convinced to build the Eglinton stop on the south side?
Its all about walkability and ridership, with Kingsbridge having higher numbers. The Eglinton stop will never be move to the south side. Side streets in most cases is where your ridership come from, since few high density development is on Hurontario at this time and over the next 20 years. The bulk of density will be between the QEW and Eglinton.

We don't need it. The traffic lights between Kingsbridge/Elia and Eglinton is the perfect spot for a station that would be equidistance to both points.

Utility work (such as water mains, sewers, natural gas lines, electrical cables, telephone lines and cables, cable tv, and other underground facilities) have to be done first, before the actual laying of track can be done.

Utility work (such as water mains, sewers, natural gas lines, electrical cables, telephone lines and cables, cable tv, and other underground facilities) have to be done first, before the actual laying of track can be done.
Actually I think it is pretty pro-active that they are doing this now (knowing it needs to be done) prior to actually picking the group that will build the actual line......it would not have surprised me if they had waited until the winning group was picked to get this started.....good for them!

HURONTARIO LRT - PROJECT UPDATE
Welcome to the second edition of the Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT) e-newsletter, designed to provide you with updates on upcoming events, early works construction and project information. You will receive these emails once per month and construction updates as required.

For more frequent updates, follow Hurontario LRT on Twitter and Instagram. For background information such as project documents, visit our website at metrolinx.com/hurontarioLRT.

ef7c6a33-9ea9-4c17-817b-8545ec997c88.jpg

NEWS
ALSTOM FACILITY ANNOUNCEMENT

On April 10, Alstom, light rail vehicle (LRV) provider for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit project, in partnership with the Government of Ontario, announced the opening of a new assembly facility in Brampton. Between 100 and 120 new jobs will be created in the facility and an additional 400 to 500 spinoff jobs, bringing further economic benefits to the Peel region. Read more about the announcement by clicking here.

Alstom's Citadis Spirit light rail vehicle
  • passenger capacity of up to 336.
  • capable of operating in winter conditions up to -38°C.
  • low-floor vehicles that offer full accessibility from the street or the curb.
90629629-8246-4cb2-bc83-b28627eb7e03.jpg

Alstom's Citadis Spirit light rail vehicle rendering
PREPARATORY CONSTRUCTION
Early works construction continues along the Hurontario corridor as utility and telecom services relocate their lines. Enbridge will begin work around Kingsway and Longside in North Mississauga later this month, as Rogers and Bell continue their work in Cooksville and Port Credit.

For a copy of our latest construction notices, click here.

9c343e91-29ad-49d8-a376-f6cd8a8a0005.jpg

Early works construction in Port Credit

8c62294e-438e-49ef-9985-aaaaf591b68c.jpg

Early works construction in Cooksville

IN THE COMMUNITY
HURONTARIO LRT BUSINESS SERIES

The Mississauga and Brampton Boards of Trade, with sponsorship from Metrolinx, are hosting free business seminars to help prepare local businesses for LRT construction.

Linda Kern of the Kearn Group Inc. shares some ideas with attendees about

The next seminar is scheduled for June 19 and will focus on helping business with social media and utilizing digital marketing strategies.

To register for this seminar and learn more about this series please visit www.mississaugabramptonlrt.com

COMMUNITY CONNECTORS

After four successful canvasses for the Hamilton LRT project, the Community Connector program was designed and implemented by Neighbourhood Strategies, for the Hurontario LRT Project. The diverse team of Community Connectors are committed to visiting all the properties directly along the corridor twice per year.

The first Hurontario LRT canvass was completed last Fall. Over 900 properties along the corridor were visited, with more than 1750 conversations in the four week canvass period. Information sessions were hosted at commercial and residential multi-storey properties to engage the community in conversations about the LRT.
2744276c-5636-4843-9091-c2b02ee73aaa.png

Our Spring canvass is scheduled to begin in mid-May. This canvass will focus on collecting information about business deliveries and support strategies through construction.

Back