News   Oct 22, 2019
 337     0 
News   Oct 22, 2019
 368     0 

Hudson's Bay Centre

packers67

Member Bio
Reaction score
After a recent client meeting nearby I popped into this 'flagship' Bay store to purchase a belt. I hadn't been in there in about 10 years. WHAT A DUMP. The store condition and look is tattered and old, zero customer service, confusing as heck to try and find things, and clothes askew everywhere. I felt as if I needed a long bath when I got home. Frightening.

LUVIT!

Member Bio
Reaction score
Having said this store has always had a curculation issue. It has an odd layout certainly. I’m sure it’s days are numbered and I too look forward to its improvements. Hudson’s Bays management are surely aware of this as well.

isaidso

Member Bio
Reaction score
After a recent client meeting nearby I popped into this 'flagship' Bay store to purchase a belt. I hadn't been in there in about 10 years. WHAT A DUMP. The store condition and look is tattered and old, zero customer service, confusing as heck to try and find things, and clothes askew everywhere. I felt as if I needed a long bath when I got home. Frightening.
Agree. It's shockingly horrible. It's the type of useless department store outlet you see in small town Canada. This is probably the 3rd busiest transit hub after Union and Pearson. It was an ugly pile the minute it went up and functionally obsolete not long after. Rather than throw good money after bad the whole block needs to be re-built from the ground on up.

Last edited:

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Agree. It's shockingly horrible. It's the type of useless department store outlet you see in small town Canada. This is probably the 3rd busiest transit hub after Union and Pearson. It was an ugly pile the minute it went up and functionally obsolete not long after. Rather than throw good money after bad the whole block needs to be re-built from the ground on up.
The whole block is not getting a rebuild. The store needs more than a simple rethink though: the mall as well needs some major surgery, not unlike what the Queens Quay Terminal go at its south end where concrete floors and walls were remove in spots leaving supporting columns and beams where needed. More open space is required down there to make the mall inviting.

yyzhyd

Member Bio
Reaction score

TORONTO, Sept. 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) has signed an agreement with Larco to bring W Hotels' bold design, signature Whatever/Whenever® service and innovative programming to Toronto for the first time, underscoring growing demand for luxury in Canada and the brand's boundary-breaking approach to design.

W Toronto will feature an indoor/outdoor lobby bar and lounge equipped with a DJ booth/recording studio.

W Toronto will feature an indoor/outdoor lobby bar and lounge equipped with a DJ booth/recording studio.

The 9-story, 255-room property located at 90 Bloor Street East in Toronto's fashionable Yorkville neighbourhood, will be surrounded by high-end boutiques, galleries and design studios as well as chic cafes, polished bars and fine-dining restaurants. The $40 million design transformation, which began in July 2019, will reimagine the property's guest rooms, restaurants and amenities. The property is expected to open as W Toronto in Summer 2020.

"We are applying a unique, vibrant sensibility to the upcoming W Toronto, one that has not been seen before in Toronto," said Paul Cahill, Area Vice President, Eastern Canada for Marriott International. "The exciting evolution of this property into Toronto's first W hotel is consistent with the ongoing evolution of this Toronto neighbourhood whose vibrancy, sophistication, and density continues to grow. This is a strategic location for the brand, and we foresee it welcoming international business and leisure travellers, but also becoming a destination for urban thrill-seekers."...