Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Also:

1643237235587.png

isaidso

Member Bio
Reaction score
Well structural support beams in the parking garage suggests they're building above it.. The size of it isn't clear.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think it’s just repairs to the structure. Nothing major. You can see some structural issues on Google Streetview in the area where the work is proposed.

View attachment 376933
Those makeshift plywood barriers are also an eyesore. And have seem to of been there more than forever to be considered only "temporary".

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
*ahem* ~ 401 Bay tip-toes away ~

I sincerely hope not!

Since the mandate for CreateTO in negotiations w/Brookfield included achieving Design Excellence here, hopefully we wouldn't confuse that w/the above!

FWIW I have not seen any renders myself; I know something, but not the complete picture just yet.

dodgeram

Member Bio
Reaction score
Probably just a proper recladding, anything is an improvement imo.
Well … recladding could go great. I would be pleased if they reclad the office tower. Brookfield's recladding of First Canadian Place was excellent. Although obviously I think we all want to see something done with the rest of the complex.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Well … recladding could go great. I would be pleased if they reclad the office tower. Brookfield's recladding of First Canadian Place was excellent. Although obviously I think we all want to see something done with the rest of the complex.

I wish they could be more ambitious than just recladding it - maybe an addition as well? Teardown that RBC branch, use the footprint as a second core if that's even possible, etc.

AoD