Toronto Hudson's Bay Centre Renovations | 32.87m | 6s | Brookfield | Adamson

A giant blank wall of concrete for the Bloor Street streetscape and a generic office tower. This location has deserved better for decades.

I can't wait to see the end of that Royal Bank bunker at the corner. Maybe they can *finally* put in that spectacular piece of public art that was supposed to be part of the Bloor Street revitalization project. :rolleyes:

AoD

Last edited:
The B is gone along with most of the a.
946A2CE1-7F2E-437F-B2B9-916DE632CDDE.jpeg

I can see a downsized version of a store here. The current one is like 6 floors with each level getting more depressing as you work your way up, finally ending up in the furniture department on the top level. I would stick to fashion / housewares here. No need to have furniture at this location.

Last edited:
I can see a downsized version of a store here. The current one is like 6 floors with each level getting more depressing as you work your way up, finally ending up in the furniture department on the top level. I would either stick to fashion / housewares here. No need to have furniture at this location.

Take a trip to the upper floors..........they are mysteriously shrinking........

From retail-insider:

1627066428810.png

That's not the only shrinkage either.

Also.....that residual interior and merchandising effort...........uh.......

The Bay store on Bloor as we know it is done, whether HBC wants to admit it now or not it really doesnt matter.

They had the chance to renovate it significantly and turn it into a Saks but screwed it up badly by locating the Saks on Queen St instead. Now they're paying for it dearly in both locations because of their screw up. The Bloor St location is losing money, and the Saks is as well.

The Bay store on Bloor as we know it is done, whether HBC wants to admit it now or not it really doesnt matter.

They had the chance to renovate it significantly and turn it into a Saks but screwed it up badly by locating the Saks on Queen St instead. Now they're paying for it dearly in both locations because of their screw up. The Bloor St location is losing money, and the Saks is as well.

From my understanding, Sak's Queen got off to a rough start, but ultimately performed pretty well, pre-Covid.
But obviously the extended lockdown, and low traffic levels downtown have hurt results there again.

That said, I completely agree that converting the Bloor store to Sak's was the way to go.

Instead, they not only let the Bloor store rot, they diminished one of the top performing Bay stores in Queen Street.

Back