News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.4K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

how do you upload photos?

sodapop

Member Bio
Reaction score
hi, i 'm trying to upload photos but can't figure out how. i tried hosting my photos on photobucket but when i tried to upload them here all i got was a red x in the corner of where my photo should have been. is it the website i'm hosting on? if so, which image hosting site works on this forum... anybody have tips?? :) thanks

hi, i 'm trying to upload photos but can't figure out how. i tried hosting my photos on photobucket but when i tried to upload them here all i got was a red x in the corner of where my photo should have been. is it the website i'm hosting on? if so, which image hosting site works on this forum... anybody have tips?? :) thanks

here is a quick intro to posting using PB that i put together for another member:

RE images: everything i upload to the site i do through photobucket... you don't need to use the 'manage attachments' function on UT. you can do everything through photobucket.

Here is a run thru on how to upload images to UT using PB:

1. open a PB account. its free.

2. go to "upload images and videos'

3. find images on your hard drive you want to upload (you can select as many as you want at one time)

*IMPORTANT: watch that the files aren't too big. use the "save for web and devices" command in Photoshop to bring your file size down. if you save your image as a GIF a standard 72dpi 1024X768 image will only be about 500k. free accounts have a small maximum and you'll run out of space in no time if your files are big. (ultimately i find it best to just purchase a pro account--its unlimited storage for $25 a year or something. but you don't need to worry about it at the moment)

4. once they are loaded onto PB a screen launches: "Add Titles, Descriptions and Tags Individually", i never bother with this but its up to you.

5. click: "save and return to album"

ok: now you can see your album;

to attach your PB images to UT:

1. hold cursor over image in PB; underneath you see four options:

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

2. select IMG code
3. highlight IMG code and ctrl C

4. go to UT
5. open new message window,
6. paste IMG code into message window
7. preview message: you should see your image full size in the window.

Back