News   Apr 19, 2024
 962     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.5K     3 

High Angle Project Compilation - updated

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
I became interested in how 45 Bay Street would impact the built form of the city from this POV, despite being many years from a "start". While I was at it, I improved a number of projects from my old high angle render including Aura, Casa, Burano, Success etc.

I also added some generic "placeholders" such as 1 Bloor East and the Fairmont project... given the lack of design details these placeholders are there to show approximate impact on the built form. I left out a bunch but added a bunch... good luck finding them... enjoy.

SMALL RENDER
2010highangle-small.jpg

--

For those who like to see things in detail........ I also provide a big one:

LARGE RENDER

No cityplace signature tower, but I like the looks of the new Aquarium!

Great job, I love those renders. The city is going to be so dense in a few years.

Great job 3Dementia, what a handsome town.

I really had to search to find the Manulife Apartments!

Great stuff. Too bad the Trump will be relatively hidden by the surrounding towers.

Great job as usual.

What is the building in blocking Manulife? Also, I think the no parking condo on University on the site of RCMI is missing from the render and The Avenue is also missing. And I can't see 18 york, possibly because it is blocked.

It is interesting to see 1 City Hall still there along with the stale proposal 151 Front St. (what's going on with that one, anyway?) and MaRS 2. I like how you added the proposal at the old Four Seasons hotel, it gives an interesting perspective of things to come.

Some other points: what is happening Bloor/Jarvis area, directly behind that old commie apartment block at Wellesley/Jarvis? And great job with the waterfront!

Hey 3Dementia what is the height of your placeholder building for 1 Bloor. The forum seems to be throwing around a possible height of 240m for the new condo, so I'm curious how that compares to what you've got in there.

Thanks for putting this together 3D, much appreciated.
This really shows how much Aura will stick out from the rest of the midtown cluster. I haven't decided if this means it will look awkward with respect to the rest of the skyline or if it will help expand what's considered the financial district further north. Either way should be interesting to watch and renders like these make it fun to think about, thanks again.

I don't think it extends the financial district at all as it's a predominantly residential building, and it'll look like a residential building once it's up and complete. As for looking awkward, perhaps it will. But I think what's more likely is that it'll become the landmark focal point of the cluster of highrise condos that have gone up around there over the past 5 years. Akin to the way that First Canadian Place does in the CBD.

edit: Just realized this wasn't exactly on-topic... And of course, 3D, fantastic work as always! I spend, what is probably, too much time staring at this image.

Back