News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Hiding avatars?

MetroMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi mods, is it possible to hide people's avatars? Some members have self indulgent, borderline narcissistic avatars that I find mildly annoying.

Short of hiding the member's posts completely -- which would break some conversations, is it possible to just hide all avatars?

I just used that page to block signatures, which I didn't know was possible...thanks for the tip! If signatures and avatars were both blocked, it'd make a page of posts much more compact.

I like the avatars. I don't see how they're narcissistic or self-indulgent. I find signatures annoying though and have now turned them off thanks for the tip.

I also turned off Signatures. It was a happy find because they get in the way when reading through a thread.

I didn't say "all avatars" were narcissistic or self-indulgent. There are some members who seem to think that UT is a dating website and post photos in the mirror of themselves. It's annoying.

I didn't say "all avatars" were narcissistic or self-indulgent. There are some members who seem to think that UT is a dating website and post photos in the mirror of themselves. It's annoying.

Sorry. My real life photo would quack you up.

I also turned off Signatures. It was a happy find because they get in the way when reading through a thread.

There's only one person with a photo in the mirror of himself on UT that I know of, and that's me. So thanks for the insult.

Wow, people get annoyed at the smallest things. One person with a self-portrait avatar, and Metroman disables all avatars. Perhaps we should manually put our portraits in all our posts, so that Metroman will have to use the ignore feature one everyone as well.

I have zero problem with people posting pictures of themselves as their avatars. I mean, isn't that the point of an avatar? If I didn't have my Galactic Republic symbol as my avatar, I'd have a pic of myself.

According to Wikipedia:
An avatar is a computer user's representation of himself/herself or alter ego, whether in the form of a three-dimensional model used in computer games, a two-dimensional icon (picture) or a one-dimensional username used on Internet forums and other communities, or a text construct found on early systems such as MUDs. It is an object representing the user.

Since I prefer to not be anonymous on forums, I represent my true self with a photo of myself. It's not my fault you're so jealous of my good looks ;) haha

Back